1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cabanas, Cocktails and Craps 4/13 - 4/17

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by VegasLowRoller, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLowRoller

VegasLowRoller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This is my first ever trip report, I will try and post live or at least semi live. If it doesn’t happen that way I will write a full report at the end of the trip.

Background:

Okay, a little background. This is probably my 8th trip to Vegas, but first trip back since October 2016. Last year I went back to school, bought a house and got married. Needless to say I didn’t have much free time and had even less money but swore I would make it back this year.

Who:
    Me
    Wife

Cousin/Best Friend/Best Man(from here out C)
    Cousins Wife (from here out CW)

High Roller and his wife (HR and HRW)

At least 6 other friends/family/ friends of friends that I will try and give some shorthand as we go, but don’t expect them to be major players in the report.

Trip details:

I am going to be traveling for work the week before we arrive so my wife will be meeting me there on Friday. I know, I know flying to Vegas on Friday the 13th! What was I thinking, oh well I guess I’ll just have to sterilize the bad luck with alcohol! On My flights and downtime I am going to work on writing this post, so if the time frame gets a little wacky that’s why.

I get in Friday the 13th around 2pm and my wife gets in a few hours later. We are staying at the Mirage, which is where I/we have stayed the last 4 trips and have come to know as our second home in Vegas. We feel that the mirage has a good mix of young and old, perfect location on the strip and really reasonable rates for the class of hotel that it is. We have a standard King Resort room, but I am going to try the $20 trick at the front desk and ask for an upgrade to a tower resort king on the 24th/25th floor. We are staying 4 nights and then head back to reality early Tuesday afternoon.

I had my company ship me some of my things for delivery when I arrive so that I didn’t have to bring 2 bags on my trip if I didn’t need to. It should be held at the fedex business center and be available for me to pickup when I arrive. If anyone has any experience with this let me know.

Bankroll:

Okay so this is always a hot topic and let me explain how I do my bankroll. I bring $1000/day total for the wife and I. That $1000 should cover everything for that day, room, food, entertainment and gambling etc. I charge everything to the room, and hope that I can do enough gambling that I get a portion or all of it comped, but I always have enough cash to pay the tab at the end.

Plans:

Friday - Check in around 3 and hope they have a “complimentary” upgrade to a Resort Tower King room. Pickup package from business center, and unpack and setup room. After I unpack, I will probably head over to Walgreens to pick up some beer for me and some Vodka for my wife and get it up to the room and on ice. After that I am playing the waiting game until she arrives, I have some free play still from the last time I was there so I will run through that and get a feel for some VP. When the wife arrives we will get her settled in and run out for a bite to eat. There is a restaurant in the Mirage that has sushi that we would like to try, and then want to check out rhum bar. Those are two of probably only 3 places we haven’t yet tried at the Mirage.

Saturday morning my wife and I will walk over to Paris and have breakfast while we wait on friends to arrive. The rest of the day will be spent by the pool. One of our friends is a bit of a high roller and he and his wife get a cabana at the pool so we will hang out there all day. Saturday night we have dinner plans @ 5 at Stack for HR birthday.

Sunday - another day at the pool and another cabana. My wife and I have tickets for Zummanity at NYNY Sunday night. No other big plans this day.

Monday - rinse wash repeat pool & cabana. Spend the rest of the day gambling and will have Dinner for CW’s birthday.

Tuesday - Flight leaves out early afternoon so we will have a light breakfast, checkout and head to the airport.

Side note in Mexico for work and one of the people from China told me that the symbol walking into the restaurant last night means to bring in Money and is supposed to be good luck. Hopefully this will counteract and Friday the 13th bad juju.

I am now sitting on the plane waiting for takeoff from Mexico and will post this when I land. Ready for a great trip.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck!! Me and the lady are heading out tomorrow morning to enjoy the weekend as well. Looking forward to your report. We got a cabana last year at mirage and loved it. Best way to go at the pool

3. martinr

martinr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good start to your first trip report. Can't wait to see what happens. Don't worry, Friday the 13th is just another day (unless you've seen the movie!). Don't let the wind blow your cabana away!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DiamondJim21

DiamondJim21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gooood Luuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for writing.

5. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ Mirage #1 Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good luck and please try not to take the Mirage for ALL of their money! I would like to do some gambling there in a few days

6. VegasLowRoller

VegasLowRoller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update: ran through some free play waiting on the wife and the room and didn’t have much luck. $20 trick didn’t work but offered an upgrade for 20/night and I took it. The wife will appreciate the larger bathroom and double sink. So far Mirage looks great, nothing really new or notable. Portifino has closed and a new restaurant has opened where Samba used to be. Not sure why but they rebranded the old Japonais, looks like a new name but same food. Wife has landed and I am waiting on her to get in to get something to eat. Hopefully tonight’s gambling will be a little more fruitful than this afternoons.

7. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start! :D
    Best wishes for the best of times, @VegasLowRoller!

RICHARD

8. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I LOVE Japonais. Didn't go last year, but usually do every trip. Try their strawberry martini if it's still on the menu. Not too sweet. Tastes exactly like a fresh strawberry. Sushi is amazing too.

9. WINGSFAN2012

WINGSFAN2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am wondering if the Mirage has re-opened the new restaurant/bar where the old Beatles themed Revolution lounge was at?

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck; looking forward to your updates.

Pink Concert Trip
  11. pd54

pd54 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep us updated on the Mirage! Looking forward to my first stay there. Pity the $20 trick didn't work.

12. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip!

13. WINGSFAN2012

WINGSFAN2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any craps update?

14. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh the best laid plans of mice and live TRs! Hope this means too much fun to take time to post

15. martinr

martinr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new place is called The Still and has been open since fall of 2017. Mostly a bar, hence the name. There is food but not the major component. Look it up on the Mirage website and you'll get a better feel for it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. tornadobox

tornadobox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.