1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CA rooms is there that much difference

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Bernie2, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at the CA (maybe) in August and want to know the difference between the West Tower( upgraded room) and East Tower. As long as the room is clean and safe I'm okay as I won't be spending much time in the room. Thanks, if you wish to send a private message so be it.

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    West tower rooms have a totally enclosed bathroom which includes the vanity, toilet and walk in shower all in one room. The east tower isn't renovated yet but their rooms the bathroom is separated into 2 rooms. One room contains the tub/shower and toilet and has a door you can close. It is a little tight in there. Outside of that room is the vanity area, complete with sink and on the side is your "closet" where you can hang your clothes.

Some people like myself like the west tower bathrooms because it is totally enclosed so if you have someone who is using the hair dryer it won't be as noisy as the east tower where anywhere in the bedroom area you will really hear it. But some people like the east tower bathrooms because one person can be taking a shower or use the john and the other person can be outside using the vanity area.

Personally, I like the setup of the west tower better but I'm not going to pay $12 a night (since they upgraded) more for it so if you don't want to spend extra money you can stay in the east tower. Not much difference except that the east tower is older and has older furnishings. The west tower has been upgraded so everything is supposed to be new.

3. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always good to hear from you. I'm waiting for SW to start flights to HNL haven't been there in a number of years. Do take care

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're welcome. I am also hoping that SW will somehow get their HNL to the mainland flights going. Haven't heard about them in awhile. I'm hoping that the competition will bring down fares as it really seems to be getting expensive to fly to Hawaii. I remember we could fly between vegas for less than $400 but nowadays you really have to keep looking to find fares that are less than $550 and $600 since most of them are more expensive.

5. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, do you ever use Vacations HI or Omni Air ?

6. dukeofdarby

dukeofdarby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you are coming from Hawaii check with a host at mss or the California-----they do tons of packages and I have been told they have their own travel agency-----if not the full package they may offer the flite at a discount rate---

7. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lately the prices for Vacations Hawaii is a lot higher than doing it ala carte. For this past April trip, Vacations Hawaii prices were in the high $800's and with the single discount it was closer to $1000. I booked my air on Hawaiian for $550, my rooms were only $200. I had to pay for my meals but most of the time I was getting comped meals so I didn't pay that much. I always rent a car in vegas so that would be a cost either way.

I actually like booking through Hawaiian because I save money, I take the redeye both coming and going to vegas so I don't have to pay for an extra night. Vacations Hawaii is restrictive with their flights so sometimes you have to stay up all night because the bag pull is so early in the morning (4 am bag pull for some flights).

That is true if you gamble enough but many of us are only ruby players so we get squat. Boyd owns Vacations Hawaii, their own charter flights from Hawaii. Actually the flights prices are standard (through Omni Air) but if you play enough you may be able to get the rooms for free or at a discounted rate.

9. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a room thru Amona ? (first time, but what was interesting was they ran it thru PayPal which caught me a little flatfooted, as I never booked anything where PayPal was/is involved)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.