1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BWI to LAS on Southwest

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by hawki39, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW is now booking thru November...my brother needs a flight for 5 people for the weekend of Nov 12, 2017.
    Is it possible or probable that SW will add flights out of BWI if the November flights sell out early?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    November 12th is a Sunday.

There are 18 flights from BWI to LAS on 11/12/2017, as well as 11/10/2017 the Friday before.

1)I doubt that they will sell out all of the flights , which means that they probably won't be adding any.
    2)He should pick the flight that he wants at the fare that he wants now.

Another NGO trip. QQQQ/NYNY
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airlines almost never just add a flight because they are sold out. I would bet all my recent losses they are not going to add any flights for that day either. They have a very complex schedule using planes for multiple hops each day and then being ready to go somewhere the next day. If a certain city pair is constantly sold out in advance, the scheduling folks feed that into magic computer and try to add more flights. But not for a certain day.

Is there some reason you are concerned that flights might sell out?

Why Baltimore vs any other city?

If the 18 flights is correct - that is over 2000 seats available on just one day.

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They'll sell out of the Wanna Get Away fares first. Book now!

5. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Disagree. Travel experts like Peter Greenberg say best time to book is about 45 days out. Generally speaking, I've found the same to be true.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the current price? If it is something like $100 a leg then by all means...

This is terribly early for southwest, you have plenty of time unless BWI is a really in demand market (doubt it...I hear ppl get cheap fares from there a lot on here). I don't think I have ever bought flights to Vegas more than 2 months out. At least two of my trips I have bought tickets in the last 10 days on SWA because they were cheap (not recommended though because often Wanna Get Away Fares often disappear 2 weeks before the flight).

A quick look at BWI-LAS, the lowest flight prices in Aug and Nov are ~similar, so you definitely have time.

7. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, SW will not add flights to their schedule if they sell out.

AirBnB Henderson. They say social distancing...Will we make this trip?
  8. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Prior to this year WN's reservation system would not have allowed them the flexibility to add flights - they just completed conversion to a new system in May 9th and may have the ability to vary flights based on demand but it is almost certainly going to still be based off historical demand for many months/years to come - do not expect them to add any flights if they sell out.

Keep in mind that you can cancel the WGA fares and get the balance back as travel funds for future use. This has caveats though - the funds are tied to the original traveler so if the whole trip was cancelled then each of the 5 people would have funds that can be used by them only. Additionally the funds expire from the date of original purchase. So if you buy today and cancel in two months, each person must use their funds by this date 2018. One of the nice things is that if the prices drop you can change your flights (just pick the same ones) and get that credit as a travel fund too, so if the price drops $30 per ticket, then each person could get a $30 credit that expires a year from original purchase. If your brother and his companions can likely make use of future travel funds then it makes sense to buy in advance and just refare if the price drops. For ease of making these changes it's usually easiest if each person's ticket is bought in its own transaction - that also allows price flexibility where only 3 cheap tickets are left - if you try to buy 5 in one transaction you pay the higher price for all 5, but individually you might get 3 at a lower price and 2 at a higher.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.