1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buying Gift Card for Cosmo Identity?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by RTCraft, Sep 14, 2021.

1. RTCraft

RTCraft Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello All,

I haven’t been able to get to Vegas this year due to work, having a baby, etc.

I didn’t realize before I left last year, but I only need to get 248 points to stay Sterling for another year which I have to do by middle of October.

I have a trip schedule in December, but that’s obviously too late. My brother is going to Vegas next week though. Could he purchase a $50 gift card using my players card for me?

Any other ideas? I thought about offering to buy his dinner as well one night if he grabbed some food at the food court and swiping my card.

Thanks!

2. buckeyestud

buckeyestud Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call them and see if you can buy a gift card for the hotel and then have identity add that to your points. I've done it in the past when paying for a bill in order to ensure it was 'on time' since I had to literally meet the deadline that day and the hotel bill points wouldn't show up for a few days. Mind you I was actually there, but it's worth a call.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Here2Learn

Here2Learn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can buy the gift card online then email the receipt to identity for which they will put the points on. I have done this multiple times with no issues.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not just have him stick your card in a machine and play long enough to get the points? It will hurt your ADT - but so would swiping your card at the food court I assume.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wondered the same

I bought my gift card over the phone. If you want to maintain Sterling with gift card, call and buy it.

Ask if your brother can take receipt and pick it up if it saves shipping fee.

Starting the Holidays Right
    It's been 39 months!
  6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because earning 248 points could cost a whole heck of a lot more than $50.00. Buying a gift card doesn't hurt your ADT, and you still have $50 with which to spend on that BOGO Sterling meal!! :feedme:.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Borgata Atlantic City - 2 nights comped
    (tentative) First HGS weekend
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The card fee is $2.50, but then the brother needs to give the OPs Identity card to the Identity desk to claim the points. Easier (and IMHO, cleaner) to send the receipt via email to the Identity desk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. midliferetired

midliferetired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They’re related so I think he can use her ID. Put on a hat and wear that mask. Try not to talk too much.

Edit: why did I assume the OP was female? Because it’s more fun that way?

9. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 18 points away from sterling (have the regular card, never made sterling b4). The deadline is middle of october? not end of year?

10. Here2Learn

Here2Learn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a rolling calendar year. So if I've never been to cosmo until today and made sterling, I have until this same time next year technically.

11. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your specific deadline is whatver comes up in your Identity page at the Cosmopolitan.

For example:

upload_2021-9-15_17-56-24.png

my calendar year ends on 5/6/2022

12. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. It says based on tier points earned within the last 365 days. I have earned 3982 points and is 18 points away from sterling. It does not say when the calendar year ends when I clicked on the same spot you did, probably because I am velvet the lowest tier and it does not have an expiring date. Once I reach sterling I will have an expiring date. My first time ever at cosmo was the day before Halloween and I earned like 600 something points. Then went few times since in 2021. I am not going to vegas again til day before Halloween again or end of November. I am waiting to get my 4q/binions offer for november/december first and what the promotions/offers are for december for golden nugget before deciding.

I assume the 600 something points I earned from october 30th 2020 will fall off after october 30th correct? which will then put me to about 600 points away from sterling? If thats how it works?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's always the gift card option, but 600 sounds doable.
    You could try calling the players club, not that I have, but when I was actually there they were pretty helpful in telling me when and how many points would drop off, and yes its rolling, not calendar year.

14. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 18 points away from sterling. Can I order a $20 gift card online if there is also a section to add in my card number to get the points needed? October 30th when we went for first time is my moms birthday. I could get a gift card from the cosmo website if I can get points through online. I read a few posts above where someone called, but the website does not have a call option for ordering gift cards, only says online.

15. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AFAIK, you will have to email your receipt to the Identity desk with your Identity card number.

16. RTCraft

RTCraft Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I bought the gift card for $50. Cost $59 when it was all said and done due to fees/shipping etc.

Forwarded my email confirmation of purchase to Cosmo and they did it for me. I’m good for another year minimally.

• Like Like x 1