1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bulletpoints: MGM + an engagement + bad gambling decisions

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Kickin, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your diligence with the stats. Interestingly, your comps earned was also 10% of your actual loss, which is the other comp point hosts can normally use. Were you adequately comped? We know from your report that you had 4 nights in an Executive Suite, which I'd put at a comp value of $249/nt. Did you have $300+ of room charges or credits beyond the room?

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I think I was adequately comped, I have no complaints. I had $250 resort credit going in and after that had around another $250 of charges they comped off. First they were going to use my ECs but I asked if they can use primary comps and they did it right away. All I paid were tips. We didn't really eat any big meals this trip and we had a few myvegas rewards as well. I also had the 6pm checkout (which I think they do assign a value to) and limo transfers both ways, plus 2 very good seats to Jay Leno. So there was nothing that I ended up paying for. We ate a few meals at CET restaurants where I used RCs. I told my fiancee and her friend to have a spa day, I don't know if MGM would have covered it but since they used my primary comps to cover the balance of my bill I could have just used ECs for the spa, but they never went.

3. Flyers

Flyers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the engagement.

4. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    congrats on the engagement,

sorry bout the losing trip, but theres always next time!

fk

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the engagement! Hopefully we finally catch up for a drink one of these days.

6. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ignore what everyone tells you about the wedding.... elope to Vegas. It's a win-win. :wink2:

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AWESOME look inside the screens!

For purely machine play, you should earn the same amount in ECs as PointPlay. I think you're probably correct that ECs were not included in the $647 of comps. If you add them in, that's another 5%, that would bring the total to ~35%, which jibes with your number for comp rate on tables, although, you should earn ECs for table play also. So I dunno.

Too bad about the last night beatdown, that's brutal.

I had Pre-Check for the first time on my JetBlue flight out of BOS in July. They should just call it NO-Check. Jesus.

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on your engagement! Sorry the gambling part of your trip ended badly.

Annual NYE trip!
  9. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Thanks again everyone for the congratulations.

FullBoat trust me the idea of eloping in Vegas crosses my mind constantly. It would be ideal in my opinion. Especially because it sounds like we are going to have 2 different receptions, one in the NY/NJ area and one in Vancouver where her family is located, because each side has hundreds of people they think "have to be there". My idea is to just elope in Vegas and forget everything else, as if anyone really cares if we have a reception or not.

Enough about that though, here is a snapchat pic my fiancee took of my winnings on one of the early days before I frittered them (plus much more) away:
    winnings.jpg

10. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    destination wedding, great way to weed out those "family" members that you need a chart to see how you are related.
    that's what I did
    fk

11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the numbers breakdown Kickin, good to know!

Not happy to hear about whiskey down because your VP report contradicts the other VP report on this forum. The other report says there was 8/5 Bonus for dollars. Guess that means I'll just have look for myself out of curiosity and gambling moderation in 3 weeks. Meh.

Also curious as to why you play $5 single line even though MGM offers full-pay at multiline dollars. Are you one of the few people that actually doesn't like multiline?

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I was actually going to PM you while I was there to ask about this. I remember you posting about the best VP at MGM once before. I should have looked around harder, I just got lazy and only checked the single-line games.

As far as Whiskey Down, I'm positive about the 6/5 BP and it was the same paytable at every denomination and I checked several machines. If it was 8/5 I would have been all over that. It would be a great bartop to play with top shelf drinks if the BP were even as low as 7/5. But at 6/5 I just couldn't do it.

13. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the 52% of avg bet used just in BJ? I would imagine the percentage fir craps would have to be higher? Bacarat about the same? UTH higher? Roulette??Anyone know what percentage goes to theo in the others?

14. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is just blackjack. There is a chart on wizard of odds that allows you to calculate this number for most games. looking for link now...

---

Here it is. Bottom of this page: http://wizardofodds.com/gambling/house-edge/

So for BJ, multiply 70 hands/hr times .0075 house advantage (0.75%) = .525
    For craps, it is 48 rolls/hr * .0158 HA = .758

15. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    congrats on the engagement the gambling loss sounds like a good chance to start the marriage out with a lie :thumbsup:

17. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Congratulations on the engagement and sorry for the losses at the end. Thanks for an informative trip report.

18. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, sorry for about the loss. Get it next time. Cool stats, thanks for sharing.

I always call HL slots and VP electronic crack. It's like pull tabs (cardboard crack). I don't know what it is about these machines.

Congrats on the engagement. As I always say to all my friends, you're throwing your life away. JK, haha congrats again man!

:beer:

19. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I could be as direct as you, RB! I usually hem and haw and eventually just [STRIKE]lie[/STRIKE] say how happy I am for them (while reminding myself to stop answering calls from that friend).

Kidding, KC... all the best to the two of you! :beer:

20. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahaha, that one hurt my side carve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.