1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Building a new home in Vegas

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by h0llywood, Aug 2, 2018.

1. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m wondering why I didn’t make this move earlier.
    No business tax, income tax and I have property tax exemption up to 25k.

The house built as is worth 2-3 million in my current neighborhood.

The HOA covers basic maintenance of the landscaping in front of the entrance to the community. No real significance really as it isn’t gated. But I’ll take a $12 HOA any day. I have to wait to see the CC&R to see if there’s any true restrictions but I doubt they will pester me for having trash cans out on a Thursday or that I’m displaying the American flag. I’ve seen other new communities with HOA in the upper 200s and 300s so glad for the $12.

Why not?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DDB

DDB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $12 is awesome.

But, for $12 I wonder if the developer is managing the HOA while the neighboorhood is still being built (and subsidizing much of the cost).

I've been through this twice - low dues until the neighborhood is nearly done, then the HOA is passed on to the homeowners to manage.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just landed and going to check out the house now.

I hope that’s not the case. When my wife and I were looking at existing homes for sale, there were a lot with relatively low hoa fees (under $50)

Why not?
  4. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think HOA's around $50/month is justified. Too little and the HOA does little and then too much and they can be a pest. It is a fine
    line. But I prefer a somewhat active HOA to keep my neighborhood up. Where I live it is $280/year and they could enforce weeds
    in yards and palms not trimmed more for me. Rental house has HOA around $50/month and keep after problems they see on
    regular basis. Plus the common area with small park and entrance landscape is expensive upkeep. To me they should have the park,
    desert landscape and save the money for grass upkeep for something seldom used

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be in your disclosure docs. And they should've given you the CCRs and budget.

6. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All part of our ongoing process of assessing where we ultimately want to live when we hang it up.

7. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We live in a townhome community, pay $140 HOA, for that we get our small patch of grass cut, common grounds maintained, and a community pool. Plus we pay $9000 in property taxes. If Vegas wasn’t so hot I’d seriously consider moving there.

8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $3600 for property tax here.