1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Building a new home in Vegas

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by h0llywood, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Spock

Spock Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Joe could not pay in full. The 6 month expiry period ate up the rest of the points for the last payment. :eek::bang:

2. h0llywood

h0llywood High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update:

House is going into the 2nd month of construction. Our agent sent a photo 2 weeks ago and there was only foundation. One week later, we have the first floor somewhat in place. We expect once we arrive on December 21st that the entire 3rd floor will be done. Hopefully the house does finish in the April/May time frame.

The community is also coming along with most of the sold lots already coming into shape. We met a neighbor on our last trip there and met another one online so hope to get some solid relationships with them. We also upgraded our closets and are working with our pool guy!

We were surprised how tall the house behind us was (3 stories high) and were concerned about privacy so we are looking to getting some really tall privacy plants.

If you have any suggestions for privacy plants, preferably really tall but not requiring much watering for the desert, please let me know.

20181123_133448.jpg 20181123_133530.jpg 20181124_094408.jpg ALVAREZ JOHN_006.jpg
    20181123_133353.jpg

Christmas
    New Years
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! That is really going to loom over you and your pool.

4. TomTWI

TomTWI Professional Grandpa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't tell for sure but it doesn't look like there will be windows except for some small ones at the top. I don't think there is privacy issue.

TomTWI

5. DDB

DDB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the closet - looks spend though.

6. h0llywood

h0llywood High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My paranoia. Don't really know for sure what the neighbor's house will look like to our east and west as well.

Christmas
    New Years
  7. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bamboo grows really tall. Easily will grow 12' tall. Caution they spread and grow fast when established. They spread by roots and
    take time to thin and stop from growing where you prefer they don't go. I have them and do provide privacy behind the pool and nice afternoon shade

8. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a few suggestions since you are adding a pool. First I love our attached spa that waterfalls into the pool. I have the valves so you can set it to
    recirculate for the pool or just the spa. Which leads me to number 2. A heater!!!!!! My heater in the winter time will get the spa up to 100 in about
    30 minutes. We use the spa several times a week in the winter. The heater is a must even if you do not desire a spa. We like our pool temp at 84 to be
    comfortable. Our pool only gets direct sun 2 hours a day. Morning sun gets shade from house and afternoon shade comes from our wall and bamboos.
    we run our heater often to get the pool to desired temp. Even in the summer the pool temp may only be 79-82. That extra 2 degrees cost little to get and
    makes it nicer for my wife. Also make sure the pool is plumbed to use a floor pool cleaner. I have a pebble pool at my house and like the looks. I have had
    rental houses with just concrete pool which are fine but look plain. Also if you have the top part of the pool lined with ceramic tile be prepared to spend
    time with a pumas stone to keep clean. But I find time once a year to shine them up. What else am I doing while in the pool. I hire a pool guy to clean and
    maintain the chlorine. I have a vacation home so need this since I am gone lots. Pool guys are cheap. $100/month will hire many. That is a once a week
    service. Beware their are great pool guys and many poor pool guys. Ask the neighbors and get recommendations. Seems many are raising prices to
    $120/month. But that is all chemicals included. Hope this helps some.

• Like Like x 1
  9. h0llywood

h0llywood High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. In a little over 2 weeks, our house went from 1 story to 3! Glad that they are moving right along!
    Screenshot_20181209-153757_Instagram.jpg

Christmas
    New Years