1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Budget car rental minivan

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by LindaS, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LindaS

LindaS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rented a minivan from Budget for my trip soon and I noticed that now on their website it says unavailable.Should I be worried that they will have no minivans when I get there?Alamo has one for 20$ more so I wonder if I should have a back up.Anyone ever had no cars when they came to pick it up?

2. Texas Steph

Texas Steph A Work in Progress...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go ahead and reserve one with Alamo just to be on the safe side (just don't select the "pre-pay" option). If Budget has the minivan, you're good to go, no need to cancel the Alamo ressy. But if Budget falls thru on the minivan, just hop over to Alamo.

3. LindaS

LindaS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reservation is thru Costco so should I cancel it when I am there if they don't have a car?I haven't rented from Budget in a long time and Alamo has been good.I do the skip the line and we are out in 10 minutes.

4. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They probably have a limited number of minivans.

5. Texas Steph

Texas Steph A Work in Progress...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how cancellations work thru Costco...

6. LindaS

LindaS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your help! I really didn't want a minivan but we have 4 people and we will be on vacation for 10 days so more luggage.I minivan is cheaper than a full size SUV.Crazy!

7. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you get an email from them canceling your van? If the site just says there are no more available, I wouldn't worry. To me, this is no more than booking a flight, and it becomes sold out. You wouldn't assume you no longer have a seat.

Plus, if they are out when you get there, you can pimp them for that SUV at no extra cost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cancelling with Costco is easy. Just go to Costco travel site, log in, find reservation and cancel----

On another note, check on pricing often. I seem to save $ often by rebooking. Next trip I've saved @$50 just by monitoring the prices.

Btw, it's a minivan---

Headed to the Beau! Finally!
  9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rental agencies usually have a limited number of certain cars so once they are reserved the web site says that it is "unavailable". That doesn't mean that your reservation is unavailable, just means that all their vans are reserved by people like you. I usually make a back up reservation in case something happens with my original reservation.

You may have a problem with car availability with the smaller agencies like Payless, they usually have a limited supply. Once I saw a family, they had to wait for their car for 45 minutes, apparently they were waiting for the car to be returned and no other car was available so they had to wait. But I think you won't have that kind of problem with the big rental companies like Budget (unless it is a busy period or convention time).

10. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always rent a minivan, last trip I went to Budget through AARP, (9 days, $330 - much better than the $600 + I usually pay at thrifty, and it had 450 miles on the odometer.) - They had ROWS of them. you made your reservation, it seems they don't make reservations unless they are Available. Why are you worried?

12. Ben Jammin

Ben Jammin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't know about the Costco rental program. Can you post a thread about it please?
    Does it require executive membership or regular.

They stiffed us for our convertible in Hawaii, gave us a Geo Tracker 4 Wheel Drive instead. Told us not to take it off road... Ha Ha Ha

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.