1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bringing a Vegas first-timer on my trip coming up... need some upscale dining reccomendations

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ahalifko, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahalifko

ahalifko Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my wife and I are going to Vegas in a week for a 3 day trip and were bringing along her brother who has never been. That said, we all agreed we should have one nice dinner one of the nights were there; a place preferably unique to Vegas and hopefully with some extras like a great view, unique dishes, etc. The wife and I also would like to try something new. This will be my 10th trip out and her 7th and between us our list of upscale dining that we've experienced is:

- Mon Ami Gabi
    - Bazaar Meat
    - Sinatra
    - Cut
    - Bar Masa
    - L'Atelier

After doing a little research the list of high potentials is:

- STK (location will be a plus as we are staying at the Cosmo)
    - Milos (see above)
    - Lago (prices seem pretty reasonable and the views looks amazing)
    - Picaso (not sure if the "allure" around this place has died, I don't hear much about it anymore)
    - Gordon Ramsay Steak (the reviews I read are very polarizing, but it seems to be a hot spot)

We are not picky eaters and price isn't too big of a deal, but we aren't really looking to reach Joël Robuchon territory. We are also dining with a third-wheel, not that it really matters, but I don't want to be sitting in a super romantic atmosphere with my brother-in-law if I can help it.

Any input is much appreciated!

2. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little hidden gem my wife and I love is Strip House at Planet Hollywood. This is a great "old-school" steak house & our favorite steakhouse. I usually don't give suggestions outside of the choices but you seem more open so put that out there for you. We like G/R steakhouse and have heard great things about STK. Haven't been to Picasso's in years but was very good then. Enjoy..................Rick

3. Chadohio1

Chadohio1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bazarr Meats inside SLS (old Sahara ), I go there every time I'm in Vegas. Never disappointed.

4. davehughes123

davehughes123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Picasso is still strong. Gordon Ramsay Steak can also be very good. The rib cap is amazing. SW Steakhouse is a great spot, particularly the true Kobe options. Carbone is phenomenal Italian.

Finally making back to Vegas (fingers crossed)!!
  5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recommend Alize on the 56th floor of Palms Ivory tower. Wonderful food, wine, service and gorgeous strip views.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julian Serrano in the ARIA is amazing... The tapas small place sharing might be fun for a party of 3.

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW Steakhouse should be on the list. You can get seating with a decent view of the waterfall that they light up, and food is top notch. The chile rubbed double ribeye is fairly special and they also have authentic Wagyu.

Can't complain about Gordon Ramsey, but no view, and polaring atmosphere (noisy). But the food is good sticky toffee pudding a must have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll second SW and Alize.

No view, but we love Carbone at Aria, some of the best Italian I've ever eaten.

9. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top of Stratosphere is really nice. Get reservations just before sundown and see Vegas day and night.

10. Kdiamond

Kdiamond Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    STK is excellent and a place to see and be seen.

11. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hexx may be overlooked because it is next to Mon Ami Gabi but I absolutely loved their steak (marbleized just right) and it had a killer view. Not to mention their drinks are awesome!

12. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If this is your guests first trip to Vegas, I think you should go to a restaurant with "one and only" Vegas views.

Any Bellagio restaurant with fountain views. Lago has a patio area - very nice.

SW steakhouse has a patio looking out to lake of dreams.

If you want to go "all out" there is a center table at Mizumi at Wynn.

14. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll second Carbone at Aria...

15. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW Steak or Sinatra at Wynncore. Have drinks at Parasol Up/Down first (ask for Cathy.)

16. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thirded..

World Class Cognac Collection. World class. I doubt if any restaurant in Las Vegas has a better collection than Alize.

French Food.

Excellent and extensive wine list. Either of the Sommeliers know their stuff, Claudio or Patrick.

Service is superb.

Your wife will enjoy the eye candy that is Stavros.

Get an east side table with a view of the strip. Make sure you are there a little before Sunset and then you can watch the Strip lights come up.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Osceola

Osceola Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I highly recommend Rose. Rabbit. Lie. at the Cosmo for an "only in Vegas" supper club experience. Really cool, stylish atmosphere, the food and cocktails are top notch, and there is a live band and really talented performers (singers, breakdancers, tapdancers, etc) who put on a great show all throughout the dining room while you're there. It sounds cheesy, but the way Cosmo pulls it off it isn't at all. We went for my birthday last month and had a blast.

18. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of the choices high on your list I would go with Lago.
    The fine dining experience at Picasso is the best but for what your looking for you cannot beat Lago.
    The view from the tables on the fountains is unbeatable.
    Prime would also be a candidate but the view is at an angle and not the full panoramic one that you get at Lago.
    The food is a good as JS in Aria.
    Request a table on the patio and you will not be disappointed.

19. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas only?

Outside at Bellagio. Many restaurants. Olives does a great job. They do reservations for the restaurant, but first come first served for patio tables. They have plenty at 5pm, then starting again around 6:30 when the first group finish dinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.