1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bringing $10,000+ cash from U.K/paperwork?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by archie, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archie

archie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi
    may be bringing more than $10,000 cash from the u.k
    has anyone had any experience with filling out the customs form and ticking the more than $10k box?
    I will have proof of where the money has come from.
    thanks

2. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I take $10k+ cash all the time to the USA (mainly Vegas) and here are my experiences.

I got stopped once at London Gatwick Airport security (flying out) and questioned by the UK police for over 30 minutes, at that time I had $22k with me, I was able to show the money leaving and arriving from my different bank accounts (business and personal) and they were happy and let me on my way. If you cannot prove where it came from they can and WILL cease your money, they had money bags with them when they spoke to me and were ready to take it!

Whenever I fly to the USA I have a US customs form 4790 pre-completed: http://www.rowbotham.com/knowledgenet/tax_forms/f4790.pdf this saves a lot of time on arrival.

I ALWAYS declare over $10k because if I get caught not declaring it, the US customs will keep it all and your holiday is then completely ruined.

They do not care how much cash you have and they don't even care where you got it as long as you declare it, sometimes they want to count it and sometimes they don't, last time I was there in August they thanked me for pre-completing the paperwork, did not count the money and let me on my way in less than two minutes.

In April this year when I went I was with security for over an hour as they wanted to count every last dollar, you may get lucky or you may be there an hour, but whatever happens do NOT risk trying to get through US customs without declaring it, it simply is not worth it.

I hope that helps.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nick Carroway

Nick Carroway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though I have traveled with close to 10k - never over - I wonder about just wiring it ahead?

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell them (if they ask) exactly how much money you have and that you have it to gamble, then worry about how you're going to do at the tables/slots.

7. archie

archie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the advice,i think I will fill the form out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.