1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Brief TR: Southwest - Dollar - South Point 6/2-6-5

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by zlanga, Jun 9, 2021 at 4:19 PM.

1. zlanga

zlanga Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Flight left SAT 30 minutes late due to crew change, but only arrived 10 minutes late, good enough for me.
    Return flight left 5 minutes early, arrived right on time back in SAT. No issues on either flight.
    Dollar:
    No line for the rental shuttle bus.
    Only about 12 people in the regular Dollar line, nobody in the Dollar Express line. I was in my reserved minivan within 5 minutes of arriving at the Rental Center. It had over 54k miles, but worked like a champ the entire trip (4 adults and a toddler in a carseat, more than enough room).
    Easy return Saturday morning, no line for the shuttle back to the airport. No unexpected charges. Will happily continue renting with Dollar.
    Hotel:
    Check in took around 10 minutes at South Point. My room (582) had a sub-par a/c unit which struggled to get the room down to 72 degrees. The other couple's room was at 68 within an hour of arrival (789). Next time I'm requesting that room. Never heard another person and only one or 2 doors slam the entire 3 night stay. Love the South Point rooms for quietness. Their pool is pretty good early in the morning when there's shade. I would imagine it gets hot in the late afternoon.
    Wife loved the Spa as usual.
    Food:
    We ate at Coronado twice for breakfast, and Don Vito's for dinner on Friday night. Very happy with those.
    Had Ping Pang Pong on Wednesday evening at 5. Everyone left full and happy.
    We also had sushi at Umiya, down the road from the Palms. Love their all-you-can-eat sushi. They were very busy, even at 1:30 p.m. on a Thursday.
    Adventuredome:
    Took the toddler for her first visit to the Adventuredome. She had a great time for the hour and a half she had energy for. Not overly crowded, well run and nicely air-conditioned. Beats an outdoor amusement park every time in my opinion.
    Gambling:
    Played 3-play JOB and only lost a little overall. Biggest bummer was dealt flush that had 4 to the royal. Held the 4, ended up with 10 credits rather than the original 90.
    Played a lot of NSUD. After a few hours at .50, the wife comes and sits next to me, and within 20 minutes gets dealt quad deuces. She quit a few minutes later up a couple hundred. I lost 600, go figure.
    The next day, same thing. She sits next to me when I'm down 300 already, and hits quad deuces on the 3rd hand. I never managed to get quad deuces despite probably 12 hours on those machines.
    I did, however, manage to hit a royal (pic taken while credits counting up).
    SP20210603.jpg

Overall between the two of us we came out about 500 down, but I'll take that for sure since the host comped our food as well as the rooms.

I'll be back next month to bowl in the USBC tournament, looking forward to it!

First 2 nights of USBC Nationals trip
    Time to Bowl!
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the Royal. Did San Antonio ever finish all the construction at the airport. It has been about 3 years since we flew out of there. Usually we go over to Austin. I have a trip booked out of SA to Vegas in September. I'm originally from SA and it seems that their airport -- like I 35 is always under some kind of construction and mess.

The big 60 Vegas back on
  3. Pe59

Pe59 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that was a quick trip. Sounds like a fun one too. Thanks for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the great report!
    Congrats on the Royal and the great times! :D

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  5. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the royal. I like south point

6. zlanga

zlanga Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it was painful for quite a while but it’s fine now. As long as you don’t try to come down 281 from north of 1604 to get there…

First 2 nights of USBC Nationals trip
    Time to Bowl!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @zlanga thank you for sharing! Congrats on the RF!!

@Valgal I think you might be referring to when they were putting the rental car stuff in (it was a disaster). It's MUCH better now.

Vegas birthday trip!
    Viva Las Vegas!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. VegasBhoy67

VegasBhoy67 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the report and congrats on the royal

9. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time we went through SA maybe 3-4 years ago in July. Getting from the parking lot to the terminal was horrible. They had the direct cross over closed and you had to detour on foot through covered construction zone walkway that had no cross ventilation literally felt like a sauna. They had igoo coolers along the way filled with iced water bottles with a sign saying compliments of San Antonio International Airport. I guess they wanted everyone to stay hydrated on the hike.

The big 60 Vegas back on
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Valgal yes that was terrible! Even picking someone up/dropping off was insane. Luckily, all of that is done and the airport is usually pretty quick to get in/out

Vegas birthday trip!
    Viva Las Vegas!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1