1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Breaking Bad ***Beware of Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by USCHawks, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kickin

Kickin Flea

A lot of the speculation I've heard is if Hank is dead it could be Marie that outed Walt. She would obviously be engaged beyond belief and she may have all of Hanks evidence at home since that's where he ran the investigation from. Including the tape of Jessie's confession.

Also I thought it was interesting that the house was fenced off by the city. If Hank outed him and the DEA got involved wouldn't it be fenced off by the DEA or the warning signs would be from the federal government, not the city? Maybe I am reading too much into that but the way it was fenced off its hard to say exactly who did it and why it was done.

2. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If gomez is dead then hank is right back where he was as far as being the only DEA guy to know about Walt, with that confession walt made blaming hank I could see hank as the one writing Heisenberg when no one believes him and he is ruined. So, Walt is exposed as heisenberg, hank is ruined, the skinheads take walts money, walt takes revenge on them(if he can), you gotta figure someone gets killed, who, I dont know, maybe skyler, hopefully Jesse - he's the only character that really deserves it.

3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This show is Sopranos quality, probably better than.

Lambert is Skyler White's maiden name. In the opening scene of season 5, Walt is at Denny's with a full head of hair and it was his birthday. He turned 52 and he gave a guy a 2" thick envelope of money for a M60 and a car. The gun dealer says something like "make sure these don't cross the border" (into Mexico), Walt replies, "these are staying here". This is foreshadowing a future event, just like the scene where Walt returns to his home and it is fenced off and he retrieves the Ricin. He has a full head of hair and no goatee in both episodes.

As for the gunfight, I can't see how Hank and Gomie make it out, they are out matched by Jack and his crew. Marie will be a widow in her purple palace estranged from Skyler. I think Walt will go after Jack in the final episode with his cache of weapons.

Either way, it will be a better conclusion than that weak cup of tea served by The Sopranos.

4. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Walt is going to finish off the ****'s with the machine gun he bought at the diner, later when he goes back to the house to get the ricin he has a trunk full of weapons, most likely from the ****'s(they had a carfull), then he'll use the ricin to polish off lydia( in almost every scene she's drinking tea or coffee). Hopefully then walt will walk off into the sunset, ala john wayne in the searchers.

5. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or Weeds. The finale was a huge disappointment.

6. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The opening scenes of S05E01 and S05E09 are connected. First he buys the weapons in the diner on his 52nd birthday from the guy he bought his revolver and then drives to his house to collect the ricin.

7. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know they are linked but didn't know they are sequential, didn't he have a trunk full of weapons in the second scene? I dont know why he needed that machine gun when he already had all those weapons, that's why i figured there are scenes missing in between.

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I saw it the same way as mephisto. But merlin's post has me intrigued and I'm going to check out those scenes again later. I think you might be wrong though because I watched those a few times looking for clues and I also read various BB reviews and stuff and no one ever mentioned seeing any new weapons in the trunk during the second scene. And some of those guys analyze every little detail.

FYI I actually loved The Sopranos finale and despite some other great shows since then I still rank that well above them all. :peace:

9. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walt is coming back from (I believe) New Hampshire when he's at the diner. At that time he has full hair and beard. Same thing when he picks up the ricin at his house. In episode S05E13 Walt has no hair.

In the diner he pays for his breakfast with a $100, leaving the note and thus a very large tip which is sure to be noticed and remembered but he doesn't care. That plus the M60 purchase indicates to me that a gunfight at the O.K. Corall is happening soon :)

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bad, he had a full beard, not just a goatee. The hair and black glasses give Walt a different look.

Maybe he moves his family up to New Hampshire and he is coming back to settle his score with Jack and his crew, live free or die?

11. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to figure walt uses sol's guy that can make you disappear when he goes to NH, he comes back for a reason, perhaps his family stayed behind and are now threatened by the gang(maybe the baby or junior)

12. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    or the trip back from NH is for revenge after someone catches up with him..

13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Here's an interview with Dean Norris (the actor who plays Hank) posted on Rolling Stone today:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/dean-norris-explains-hanks-moral-code-on-breaking-bad-20130912

If you like to over-analyze things you can kinda sorta argue there's a clue in there about the fate of Hank and Walt....but not really.

One interesting thing to note is he mentioned how both he and Vince Gilligan (show's creator) can't understand why any viewer would root for Walt. I've read other interviews where Gilligan has said this as well. I remember back in The Sopranos days David Chase said the same thing in interviews. He didn't understand how so many viewers seemed to love and root for Tony.

I'm not trying to get into the issue of whether or not its fair to root for those characters, but I think it is a testament to how richly those characters were developed for people to root for them even when the shows creators don't. Neither of these "anti-heroes" were pure bad or good, they are so multi-layered and human. I don't think its an easy task to create characters like that. For example one of the other top writers on TV is Aaron Sorkin, yet his characters are ridiculously simple. They are either pure good (and he keeps beating it into your head that they are supposed to be good) or they are cartoonishly bad, and basically straw men who pop in as plot devices as the bad guy. There is no real character development and no real sense of them being human.

In Breaking Bad its hard to point to any character who you wouldn't have varying degrees of empathy with regardless of how good or bad their actions have become.

14. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm rooting for Walt big time.

I hope Hank is slaughtered in the shootout. Then Marie come after Walt only to be pumped full of lead.

15. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not root for Walt? he hasn't killed anyone who didn't deserve it, yea he is responsible for a whole lot of deaths, but he didnt shoot that kid for example, he didn't give the wrong altitude to that plane, he didn't put the drugs in Jesse's girlfriend.

jesse on the other hand has almost no redeeming qualities, other than being weak, all he does is wring his hands about things that happened that he had nothing to do with. Walt wont survive, but he should, look at hank, is he a good man? All he thinks about is himself, even now, when he knows who "heisenberg" is. marie is a joke, skyler is starting to get it but she's been nothing but weak, Walt hasn't had an affair, nor has he thrown money out the window through stupidity.

Walt had to do everything he's done, Gus wasn't going to let walt live, walt is a bad guy for not killing that kid with ricin, but gus killing the whole cartel through poison means nothing?

16. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alleged spoilers for the last three episodes have leaked online.

I couldn't help but read them. :bang: I won't link to them here to save you all the temptation.

I guess I'll know in a couple hours if they're true.

If they are true, tonight is gonna be a doozy.

And next week's episode sounds like it has one of the craziest scenes in the show's history. If they're legit, of course.

17. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cmon man you're killing me, at least tell us where to look!:wink2:

18. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw some talk of spoilers going on at the IMDB boards but I didn't bother reading it. I'm sure if you type in Breaking Bad spoilers into Twitter you may be able to find something. I wouldn't mind helping you out, but I don't really want to see anything ahead of time.

19. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If tonight's episode matches the spoilers, I'll PM you the link.

20. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deal, let us know if it was false too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.