1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Breakfast downtown

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by kayhill232, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kayhill232

kayhill232 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're staying first 2 nights at Aria, last 2 nights at either California or MSS (can't decide between the two). Husband is set on experiencing the Bellagio buffet on the Strip, but where should we eat breakfast on a Sunday downtown - buffet or otherwise?

2. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dupars at the Golden Gate is the best breakfast in town! It's usually the only meal I pay for, since I don't gamble there. It's worth skipping a comped buffet for.

Magnolias Veranda at the Four Queens is also excellent.

3. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hangover burger at Binions. But only if you're actually hungover. If not, you can't order it.

Nick:beer:

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on what you want. MSS buffet on sunday is a champagne brunch so if you want a little champagne and some lunch items then the buffet is worth visiting. They also open up the south side with other items like Chinese food.

The cal also has a buffet breakfast. Nothing special, scrambled eggs, meats, fruits and the other breakfast items. No chef to cook your eggs like MSS or fremont buffet.

Also note that fremont has a paradise buffet (with a chef to cook your eggs to order). If you show your boyd player's card you will get a discount ($1) on the price of the buffet (at MSS you might get the same discount).

HHAGG at the plaza is another place you might want to consider. Their regular plates are HUGE so you might be able to split a plate between you and your hubby.

The GN has their buffet, not a big selection of food but I heard the food was good.

I tried dupars and Magnolias breakfast but didn't feel it was worth the price, but that's JMHO. But then breakfast isn't anything special to me (again JMHO). I try to stay away from the buffets and big plates because there is so much to eat and people have a tendency to overeat, esp at buffets so lots of times I end up eating the breakfast special at Market St. Café, El Cortez café and other places (that is if I get up early enough and breakfast is still available, lol).

5. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for dupars

6. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    x3..

7. jwhdds

jwhdds Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always go to Dupars. Great food all around, not just pancakes. I also like Magnolia's. The Golden Nugget buffet is OK (if it's comped). I wouldn't pay for it, though.

8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Sunday Brunch at MSS was famous? I like the MSS buffet, haven't had it for brunch, but, I hear they do it up pretty good. I have it on my list of must do's for future trips.

9. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always in the minority regarding Dupar's. I have not enjoyed eating at that location since it was Bay City Diner. Just not the same.

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hash House A Go Go at the Plaza, Dupar's at Golden Gate, Magnolia's at Four Queens and the D Grill at the D are all good choices.Hash House would probably run you $20 per person, unless you split a plate. The other options are a little cheaper, especially Magnolia's if you order one of their many specials or snag one of their easy to find BOGO coupons.

12. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck, the Denny's that's open 24/7 there at Neonopolis is fine by me. Good service and prices. But, big fancy breakfasts don't do much for me. I just like a traditional American breakfast fast and inexpensive.

Bill

13. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always have our weekend breakfasts at the Main Street Station brunch buffet ... never been disappointed.
    The MSS brunch buffet typically has twice the number of choices as the regular breakfast buffet (be sure to check down both sides).

14. RJack1957

RJack1957 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Dupars.... A MUST for us on every trip!

15. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With all this talk about Dupars, we had to try it out for our first time last month. It did not disappoint. Tip: Share the pancakes. They are excellent but they are very large. And they run out of some of their baked on premises goods so don't get there too late!

16. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Fremont brunch for $11.99 w/ players card is hard to beat.

17. kinkette

kinkette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Dupars pancakes - they make 'em with clarified butter - omg so good!!

18. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with Dana on this one. We've eaten at Dupars twice, the second time just to make sure the first time wasn't an aberration. The results were the same both times. Tremendously overpriced food in a not very fancy place. The pancakes everyone raves about aren't really very good, just smothered in some type of margarine. The eggs and toast are just fine, but not worth the prices.
    Our downtown bkfst favorites are EAT, MSS buffet, and HHAGG. Cal coffee shop would be on the list, but there's always a long wait and we've had poor service after being seated.

19. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EAT - hands down! DuPars is a very overrated "greasy spoon" place, in my not-so-humble opinion....

20. salemorevegaslover

salemorevegaslover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dupar's

They have the best breakfast in downtown Vegas.
    I consider myself an "expert" on pancakes and Dupar's has the best pancakes. PERIOD.
    Reasonable, great service and you might see the owner there himself ( usually out front, near cash register). Incidentally.........just my guess but here's a guy that doesn't need to be at the Golden Gate but is there, just because.....I'm sure he has all the money in the world but wants to hand out at Dupar's in downtown Vegas. You don't see that anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.