1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Brand new photos from QUAD stay

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sammasseur, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:

And maybe they will do a fresh paint job, new carpet, and some "new to the Quad furniture" . Things are stll moving or did I miss that everything is finished?

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They may be promising to work on the rooms but here's the problem: They didn't allocate money for the rooms in the Linq budget. It looks like they are still lining up money for the Bally's project. The Q rooms are probably behind a lot of capital improvement projects that they are seeking money for and sooner or later someone is going to cut up that credit card. Whatever they are promising, it won't be soon and it bothers me that they don't seem to budget for just occassional paint jobs to keep rooms from being completely awful.

3. blissfulignoramus

blissfulignoramus 3:2, nothing else will do

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's pretty much me, too, and I think we agree, except I think CET could easily let things get worse if they decide it's not worth the investment. Eventually they will have to do something and it will be economically advisable for them, but I would make no assumption that this will happen soon.

Unless they completely renovate to go after a higher rent clientele, people are going to have bad experiences and complain about it. If the Quad is going to be, say, selling rooms mid-week for $50 and in the mid to high $100s on F-Sa, they aren't going to increase their investment in upkeep and maintenance. So there will always be stories about stains, dirt and the occasional used condom in the trash. 95% of their customers won't experience this, but 95% of the other 5% will (rightfully) complain about it on TripAdvisor.

I just want a room that is safe, not filthy, and an elevator that doesn't take half an hour.

4. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would imagine, the average daily take for rooms, minus all comps and freebies, might be lower than the $11.99 and taking a comparison with say the Mirage, ( I really have no idea of an average daily take for any rooms, just trying to rationalize), I would assume a Mirage, (mid level resort or so), would garner a much higher average daily take on room charges after comps and free rooms etc. So while I am not sure if there is a standard union wage for housekeepers in Vegas or such, but it stands to reason, they just do not earn enough to pay anyone a decent enough wage to really care in the housekeeping department, especially if the article quoted above is still true.

I would have a feeling if they sank money into a remodel of the rooms and still had the same rates/occupancy, the housekeeping quality still may not improve and you may still have the filth and dirt buildup, just on newer furniture.

5. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a great place to stay ;-) Thanks for the warning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.