1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Brand new CET Diamond - School me Please

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JLoson0550, Oct 9, 2019.

1. JLoson0550

JLoson0550 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright I'm a brand new CET Diamond member woohoo. I got it through status match of course but now I'll be loyal to the good guys (I go to vegas often).
    I know I'm not going to have any comp rooms available yet but where do those show up (Book Now?, My Offers). Also, are the rooms automatically discounted based on status or specific code I need to use? Anything else I should know on the website/app? Very wet behind the ears haha

One other question - I'm located in Phoenix and we do have a Harrah's property relatively close. I'm visiting Vegas in December and staying at PH. Should I go down to the Harrah's property locally and get my card before going to vegas?

Thank you for the help

2. Cbub

Cbub Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From a browser, If you use the calendar through "book now" while logged in you can see your posted rates. Rooms will say "comp" or for a while on mine it said $0 if it was a comp. Not sure if I've seen that recently. Of course, if you have no comps, it will show a dollar figure instead of "comp". Any offers that might have free play, credit, events, etc attached will be in "my offers". Sometimes if a room isn't showing as comped straight out on the calendar there could be an offer that would apply for free rooms to use. The opposite is also true. Sometimes a room comp is showing on the calendar, but when you try to book the same dates through am offer it shows not available. On the app, use the button that says "stay" to check rates. I can honestly spend hours running various scenarios through their booking options working to get the best bang for my $$.

You don't need to pick up a card in advance. If you booked while logged in, they'll have your status on file.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. MCann

MCann High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I havent shared this yet because I'm still awaiting resolution, but I posted a support issue with Caesar's a little over a week ago asking if there is any such thing as the advertised Diamond 15% discount because I've tried to get it and been told at, so far, Caesars Palace, Paris, and Bally's that the best they can do on a paid room is a price higher than available to the public. If you dont have comps at a property though, the rate you will see online will generally be better than public, but the site wont let you even see any other rooms than comp rooms if or when you have comps available. So far the only response I've gotten to my inquiry is "to better answer this question we need to forward to management and they will be in touch soon." So far though, crickets from "management."

Not saying not to a free fountain view suite to kick off Thanksgiving!
    Presidential Suite for the holiday woohoo!
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see why not. It's clearly shown on the CET website:

https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/benefits-overview

"15% off best available advertised rate on rooms and suites".

If you have a host, you should be able to arrange it through them. I have never had occasion to use the 15% discount, so I can't speak from personal experience.

Playstudios Friends and Family party at Park MGM!!!
    First GGWU/HGS ballroom event
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MCann

MCann High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm aware and I attached a photo to my support email. So my issue is, they say as you said 15% off rooms and suites. The rub is, I have lower to middle tier rooms comped at all properties from my play, but prefer to pay for upper tier rooms or suites. Because I have comps at a property, the web site will only show me those rooms, and because if that, the only way I can book those rooms on my account is to is check availability as a member of the general public, then call the alleged "VIP" number on the diamond card.

Of the three places I mentioned, Caesars Palace was the only one to offer any discount at all, and their price was still more than me booking public and using my 10% government employee discount. In the case of my most recent struggle, I wanted the Presidential Suite at Bally's for Thanksgiving in lieu of my comp at Caesars. Long story short, suite escapes deal is heavily advertised to the public. The alleged full retaill that's crossed out, and 35% higher than the price available to the public, was the best they would do for me over the VIP reservations line. And for the third night, even higher than the alleged full rate advertised to the public on the site. I specifically mentioned, in case they forgot from when they asked for my player ID 2 or 3 times, that I am a diamond player and they advertise 15% off best advertised rate, and was told in so many words, the price is the price I cant just give you a discount, do you want the room or not. That's what resulted in my opening the support ticket. No answer yet except that they need management to answer.

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    . . . and this is where a host can help you. I will be attending the 2019 CET Asian Marketing Appreciation dinner (San Jose) tomorrow night and ask one of the hosts there what they know about how to make this happen.

It could be that it's only for buying "companion" rooms, which is what I'd use it for, but that would all be arranged through my host.

Playstudios Friends and Family party at Park MGM!!!
    First GGWU/HGS ballroom event
  7. MCann

MCann High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would be great if you could get any story from them. And for what it's worth, at the time of the phone call I was booked those dates and then some at Caesar's Palace on a comp, so technically would have been a companion room, but they were aware of this and I told them if they can book it they can cancel CP. So either way. I was treated like a jackass trying to hustle them out of some special deal. And the same thing happened at Paris when I did the same thing trying to upgrade to a suite for my 4th of July trip, they were just a little nicer than the lady I got this time. I ended up booking the Bally's suite as a member of the public and using my 10% government discount, which ended up a little over $80 per night cheaper than what they claimed was the absolute best they could do on the VIP reservations call, and I'm still trying to get the reservation properly connected to my CR account and resort fees waived.

@JLoson0550 - sorry wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I'd advise against getting the card locally before your trip unless you are planning on playing at your local that day anyway. It will give you no advantage in Vegas and might count against your player rating if you go get a card and dont play and definitely will if you play little. You can get a card at any of the desks in Vegas in a minute or two and they all have diamond lines you can get in if your account is diamond even if you dont have a card on you (other lines usually want to see the card but if you're a diamond in line for a diamond card at a rewards desk you can use the diamond line - I did this myself at Paris on my way to diamond checkin in July).

8. JLoson0550

JLoson0550 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha all good! It happens.

I’m seeing the same prices logged in and logged out, even though I’m Diamond (granted, no points on my account yet). Hopefully I’m on the right spot?? I’m checking out the Flexible Schedule and looking at it on all properties?

9. azlew

azlew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a new Diamond member also from a "status match" and I will be a visiting the concert at Caesars next week so I will stop by the players club to pick up a card. What does it take as far as video slot play on a machine to get a Diamond tier point? We are Bconnected (b conned) players and they went to a 5.00 play per slot machine ( minimum play per game on a single slot) to earn a tier point.

10. mikel123

mikel123 Not A Lawyer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $10 c/i is 1 point for video poker, $5.00 c/i is 1 point in for slots. Remember to register for the October 2x tier credit promo here: https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/promotions/2x-tier-credit-multiplier
    and the earn for next year promo here: https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/promotions/earn-for-next-year

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MCann

MCann High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that's the right place. You might try entering specific dates and room type; Insuspect when they have a sale, even though it's advertised, they may not consider that "advertised rate" even though it is. When you use flex dates and havent picked a specific room, it generally shows lowest rate available for any room at the property. If that's a sale rate, it could be not subject to the alleged discount. I earned my diamond through play and spend so the rates I would see are more likely based on play than tier. This is why I'm trying to get an answer from them in writing about this 15% discount they advertise as a diamond perk. I can find no evidence in practice that any such thing exists, yet it is still listed in black and white as a benefit of diamond tier.

12. azlew

azlew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info!