1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boyd. WTF?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bubbakitty, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read many a post on b-connected being reduced or non responsive But really. Now that the new offers are up and quite satisfactory for me (your mileage may vary) wasn't it really a lack of communication by Boyd to the player for patience as we reload?
    That is all they needed to do. ? We are reloading, please call if you have particular needs / questions. I like the fact offers are across the board. If the result is truly due to complaints, please take the time to critique the new approach.
    To Boyd not the board. If the changes are due to complaint then they ARE listening. Or it was the result of a change in strategy without considering the customer.

2. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The whole thing is weird. As you say, if they had this planned all along, they certainly could have saved themselves a lot of heat and just let their customers know that GOOD changes were coming...so hang in there. I was so irritated by the loss of my Orleans rooms that I cancelled one trip and booked next week at Red Rock instead of Gold Coast.

But, then my new comps finally show up. Instead of 2 nights every two months at Gold Coast and Orleans, I have 2 nights every two weeks at any of their properties. And a little FP. Wow. I've already book 2 nights in July at MSS, a place I've always wanted to visit. I will let them know via email how much I appreciate this most recent offer.

And if it was the backlash from customers that brought this about...well, we done good! :D

3. garrman

garrman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new changes are fantastic. My wife and I each received 3 nights (I got food and free play) and the offers were for the July 1 - 15 and July 16 - 31 durations. We now essentially get 12 nights comped (I'm also accounting for the 72 hours in between)

4. adamj

adamj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I communicated with the Director of Marketing at MSS in March just after the last of my comp room nights and food vouchers expired in February. Her response indicated this was now the new reality which leads me to believe inquiries like mine and the many others I've seen mentioned in various threads on this forum over the last few months were the catalyst for the recent changes. Power to the people!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. kaeldon23

kaeldon23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, thanks for the heads up! I had written off Boyd hotels as well this year since my comps had been cut so much. I'm happy to see some nice new offers online and I'm now looking forward to including a few nights at Sam's Town for the first time on my next trip this Summer.

6. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've already booked 2 nights at Sam's Town the 1st half of July, and 2 nights at Orleans the last half of July (with at least 3 weeks break in between).

7. xothan

xothan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still, the big change is now I cannot string together stays at, say, MSS and then Orleans and then Gold Coast, and back to MSS, and then Orleans again, and then Gold Coast again, for a two week long trip... Too bad!

Now I'm forced to stay at non-Boyd properties in between, and my play will go there instead on those days.

8. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, I was able to do MSS for 4, and then a couple at GC or Orleans before.
    I need to start playing elsewhere for addl room comps now,

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, the listening didn't seem to extend to the Sapphire rewards. I can let the Sapphire trip go, but seriously, I can't even get the $10 gift from the gift shop back?

10. TableToddyy

TableToddyy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    June still 2 nights ,Damn

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, new mailer arrived today. 4 nights, $80 in FP and a $25 food credit at any of the 7 Vegas properties.

12. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a mailer with a one night offer. I had been getting mailers for two nights, then always getting the third night comped before checking out. We've been staying there 3-4 times a year for the last three years. I finally just called them and asked why do we have to do this dance? She said okay, three nights comped up front.
    So that's a good thing. I was going to be disappointed if I had to give up on them.

13. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made sapphire in October 2016 and got the "welcome to sapphire" 3 free nights which I used in December 2016. I didn't get any other free nights until a few days ago when I got a mailer for 2 free nights (Sun-Thur) beginning in July/August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.