1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

boxsocial's first trip report! downtown 1/12-15

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by boxsocial, Jan 11, 2020.

1. boxsocial

boxsocial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so dinner was amazing. my friend made some excellent paella along with brats, blood sausage, and sweetbreads.

[​IMG]

there were some beers

[​IMG]

including one made with candy bars

[​IMG]

headed back to MSS afterwards where I managed to see a few of these

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after which my phone started dying, so I dropped it off in the room to charge and went out for food.

I made a stop at Chicago Brewing at 4Q for some VP and to finally try their famous deep dish pizza and root beer. VP wasn't so kind but the other two were enjoyable. I made my way to the Vue Bar at The D afterwards and snagged a small $69 progressive with four queens, nothing else too noteworthy there but left up $60. stopped into Cal on the way back and played a little Let It Ride and left the table up $50 which was a bonus. i also played a few spins on Wild Leprecoins and I'm still kicking myself for this one - I usually play max bet but for some reason decided to start off with min bet... well on the second spin a bonus activates and 11 wilds drop onto the screen giving me a $79 bonus on my 40-cent bet. had I been playing the 5x max bet, I'd be feeling a lot cozier in my bed right now.

all in all, I'm only down $48 for gambling today, and that's basically a win in my book. my body is telling me sleep is a good idea now and I'm not going to argue.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020 at 1:40 AM
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. NittyOne

NittyOne High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn that’s a lot of high % barrel aged beer you guys downed. Hope you’re not a Seahawks fan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. boxsocial

boxsocial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not a Seahawks fan but I'm originally from KC and that Chiefs game was unreal!

4. boxsocial

boxsocial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no luck at bingo this afternoon but I saw they accidentally gave me two $25 matchplay coupons instead of the one I had, so my loss had a little cushion.

had an easy transfer to my room at The Cal, room 1830 facing MSS and the trains. now at Triple George Grill for happy hour, starting things off with a bartender's choice pink drink (blueberry cosmo)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. boxsocial

boxsocial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cal has been pretty good to me this trip. first spin on this machine, then realized I didn't pay attention to the pay table and quickly cashed out.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. boxsocial

boxsocial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    excellent meal at Charlie Palmer's; Cut of the Week special was top notch with large sides and four glasses of wine was the perfect amount with a nice cocktail afterwards down the street at Skybar in the Waldorf Astoria.

[​IMG]

highs and lows at MSS later on

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff so far!

• Like Like x 1
  8. NittyOne

NittyOne High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those 4 to a Royal are brutal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice picture from the Waldorf Astoria, just when I think I’ve seen most every view and angle of the strip here comes one a little different! Thatks for posting from a fellow Portlander...

• Like Like x 1
  10. boxsocial

boxsocial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just now woke up after a late night playing dark side craps at Cal, broke even but still a lot of fun. four to a royal is the theme for this trip, apparently.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

no real plans for my final day other than drinking the rest of the beer I brought with me and hopefully squeaking out a win. looking forward to the meetup later if I don't get distracted.