1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bottle service for two?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by jhpa, Nov 5, 2018.

1. jhpa

jhpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two guys heading to Vegas in July (Hey, we plan in advance!). We are looking for a club for bottle service. I figure we would go as high as $1500.

What suggestion for a good club - likely Saturday night but maybe Friday or sunday? Are sundays still a decent enough crowd (july, remember?)

Probably looking to hit it up after a UFC fight. I understand not much reason to arrive earlier than midnight, True?

We are both Diamond with CET. Any advantage to that?

Any and all suggestions welcome.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to ask and being a senior who has never been in a club in Vegas...You are willing to pay up to $1,500 for one bottle of booze? :confused:

Cancelled 4Q, back to staying at Cal
    Booked in case we need a few more points for Emerald
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're paying for the real estate

Time for some winter hikes
    Final Trip of the Year
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. tornadobox

tornadobox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out https://vegashax.com/ they give a pretty good representation of your all-in cost (table, tips, handshake, etc.).

The guy who runs the site is pretty responsive if you email him with questions as well.

I don’t think CET Diamond gives you any perks, but if it does I imagine it’d be listed on their tier benefits page.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well your paying for the table, mixers and probably a "concert" with a live DJ but yeah mostly a bottle of grey goose.

6. dmbrat

dmbrat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tornado that is a helpful site - thanks for pointing it out. Would just add that I have found Discotech prices for tables to be in line with what hosts will offer, so you can check that app out if you are interested in ballpark prices for specific nights at specific clubs. $1500 for 2 would probably get you something decent but you may want to consider finding another 2+ folks to split a table with. i hear rumors about players' club benefits at clubs but have never seen this to be true in practice. Reach out to hosts for clubs and be cool and they will be as helpful as they can in hooking you up. No point coming before midnight if you are getting a table - really only to beat the crowds if you are doing guestlist, etc. You may want to choose based on music - if you are vehemently anti-EDM then that will cut out a lot of clubs.

7. Laugh

Laugh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friday and Saturday nights are the best for clubs, but in July, every day is the weekend lol. Sunday will be nearly unnoticeable. Websites or apps will give you a decent idea of how much a table will be but I never recommend actually using them. Hosts can do much more for you, and relationships matter in Vegas, as we all know. I've seen people get tables a row behind me and they probably spent 2x more than I. Either because I gave my host and the doorman an extra $100 but that $100 goes a long way.
    Diamond CET doesn't do anything, sorry. I know 7 Stars get into clubs for free but it won't do anything for bottle service.
    $1500 will get you a basic table at most places. Especially on Friday and Saturday. You'll probably get two bottles of Vodka (if that's what you want). Depending on the host you can probably get a free bottle of champagne with those two bottles of Vodka.

For a main room table at somewhere like Omnia, XS, Hakkasan, you'll need to drop at least 2k+. Again, this depends on the performer and what night.
    I always remind people, the big name DJ's will only be out for a couple hours. They come on around 1:30 and are only out until 3:30. Then it's back to the house DJ. And by that time, most people are so drunk that you don't even know who the performer is.

Hip/Hop Clubs: Light, 1Oak, Drais, Marquee.
    EDM: Hakkasan, XS, Intrigue, Omnia, Jewel.

Get a host. You can use jackcoltons website for hosts. They have the main "boss" hosts which makes it easy. Sometimes smaller-time hosts can get you more though since the club wants to keep them happy because they bring clients to the club. My guy used to work for a few clubs but then went independent so he gets me good deals since he knows everyone.

Arrive at midnight, it's a solid time. You look cool getting in ASAP and... that's it lol. I've gotten to my table early and meh, it's all empty, and boring.

Personal Stuff: I love Light for Hip/Hop and where I can spend a lot and get a lot. XS will always be my favorite EDM location. No matter what table you get, it'll be epic. Omnia has been weird for the past year or two, rude people, arguments, persistent/creepy guys that I see hitting on ladies. It's still amazing though. ; ;

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. notfromconcentrate

notfromconcentrate High-rolling diner. Low-rolling gambler.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to be confused by by this too. I eventually figured out where the value is, and it actually started to make some sense to me...

$300 for the bottle itself (it may be a $50 bottle at retail, but 500% markups aren't unheard of... plus this comes with mixers and garnishes)
    $200 for admission for four people (this is a generalized assumption based on one bottle serving four people, all of whom get in for free, when cover would be $50 per person otherwise... even if it's only two people buying the bottle, this value still remains fixed)
    $100 for skipping the line (skipping the line is included with the bottle purchase, but if you were a regular customer you'd usually have to slip the bouncers $100 to let four people bypass the line)

So that's $600. What's the other $900? It's the table. The table does a number of key things...

Space - there's something very "proletariat" about standing in the middle of a dance floor and getting bumped by 100 elbows as you spill your $20 vodka cranberry and awkwardly try to chat up a girl who catches your eye. If you've got your own booth, there's no bumping, no spilling, and nothing awkward about the chatting up.

"Home base" - need to go to the bathroom? You can't exactly put your drink down and come back to it when you're just a normal patron at the club. If you've got a table, you can safely set it down without issue. That also goes for things like your suit jacket or your tie. You can't just put those things down if you're tired of wearing them if you're out on the main floor, and that peace of mind is a big deal to some people.

Faster service - do you really want to wait in line at a bar where you'll have to yell out your order to a rushed bartender over loud music, count out money, get the change, and hope you didn't hold up the rest of the line too much? Or would you rather have your own liquor and mixers at the table so you can have a drink whenever you want?

Prestige - this is the big one. Not only does it make you feel like a baller, you'll get treated like one too. This is also an easy way to meet women, whether you invite them to the table, or they come to you.

Now, is $900 worth that to one person? Perhaps not. Among four people at $225 each? That's a lot easier to stomach.

I'd equate the difference between $50 for a bottle in your room versus $1,500 for a bottle at the club to be much like the difference between flying economy and flying first class. It's basically the same thing in the most fundamental sense. But there are enough advantages to flying first class that it matters to some people to the point that they are willing to pay for it. Likewise, there are enough advantages to having your own table with a full bottle of liquor at it, that it will justify $1,500+ spends for a single bottle of booze.

NFR trip. Longhorn, Hooters, Tahoe, The Cal, Rio, ElCo.
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Laugh

Laugh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, seems ridiculous. And it is, lol.

But it's not as bad as it seems. My favorite thing to do as soon as I get to my table, is meet the security dude and tip him. I always tell them to make sure I don't leave without my blazer, watch my friends, and keep people away from my alcohol. You will not believe how many lame people will literally walk up and pour themselves a drink.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ronnie Turiaf

Ronnie Turiaf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diamond will let you skip line at Omnia, but still have to pay cover I believe.

Otherwise it just depends on if you would prefer a better table at a less popular club, or a worse table at a tier 1 club. $1500 total is pretty much a 1k min table which, but since there are only two of you they might be able to squeeze you in somewhere better located but you wont have as much space.

If you give some more info I can make some suggestions. Sunday night you can get a table for XS nightswim over the summer, it's a great party.

Jackcolton.com has a forum for people looking to do table splits, if you want to keep costs down, or get a better location. I've done it a few times and never had a bad experience with any of the people I met.

11. HoppinHardWays

HoppinHardWays Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am definitely interested in this as well. We (married couple) are planning a trip in August and are considering the idea. We obviously don't want to break the bank, and MIGHT be open to a table split depending on price, club, etc...

I've looked at Jack Colton and the forums seem awfully quiet.

12. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pool season has closed down so all is quiet usually until Feb-March time frame on JC.

I always suggest if going in the summer to look at the pools also as you get more bang for your $$. Table splits are always the best way to go to save money. Personally I have done it 4 times using Jack Colton website.

13. HoppinHardWays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you check out the people you were splitting with in order to make sure personalities meshed and/or there was nothing shady going on.

14. Ronnie Turiaf

Ronnie Turiaf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're worried about it you can always be the one in charge of booking. Just meet everyone outside the club and collect money.

Honestly never heard anyone have a bad experience doing a split. Just smaller groups looking to bring their cost down. There's usually enough booze to go around since you're really paying for the space, and I've found people on JC to be overly generous if anything.

• Like Like x 1
  15. h0llywood

h0llywood High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spearmint Rhino plays some good jams.

Thanksgiving
    Christmas
  16. HoppinHardWays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is good, a first timer is always cautious is why I ask.

17. Laugh

Laugh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just make sure only you can buy anything for your table. Don't give anyone else permission. Or close our once you get what you want. :)

18. tornadobox

tornadobox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To those following this thread who are possibly looking for the general VIP experience, but not necessarily looking to bring people back to their table, etc. maybe check this out: http://content.taogroup.com/viwe/

V.I.We is essentially a pre-paid group bottle service at Tao. You get a special VIP section with seating, alcohol, and mixers. The main difference is that you cannot bring other club-goers who have not paid for V.I.We in to join you at your VIP area. However, if you're looking to stick with a specific group of people, and don't mind sharing a VIP space with others, then this might be a fairly economical alternative.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HoppinHardWays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ultimately we plan on nice dinners at Bellagio, Wynn, or somewhere of the sorts. Then considering a night out at a club afterwards. Do not want to break the bank but want to have a lot of fun to say the least. Definitely open to a bottle service share with a couple people or a handful of people depending on cost, cirumstance, and such. Like I said, the club thing is all new to use so approaching it with a bit of caution.

20. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im old! This sounds like my worst nightmare.

We did get a table once, at IP, just because they knew we were old and would be gone before the place got busy.