1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking a cruise through Expedia?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Happygirl21, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My daughter and I are looking to do a 5 night cruise to Bermuda on Royal Caribbean and booking through Expedia. I see they have an offer that you can book an undisclosed balcony room, which will be assigned when you check in. The overall fee is a bit less then choosing a specific room in advanced, plus there are the little on board credits and other little deals available.

I have never used a third party for booking any travel and I have only been on one other cruise back in '89, so I have no clue about this whole thing. Just curious if anyone else has taken this route (undisclosed..third party..etc) and was open to any suggestions. Thanks!

:peace: HG

My boy's 21st Birthday count down is on!
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having been on many cruises, I am not a fan of those big sites that really do not specialize in anything. Do some looking around and you may find some good deals. You are booking what is commonly known as a "guarantee". You will get a room in that category or better. Could be the most unwanted room or maybe something better. You just never know. The best site to learn about cruising is cruisecritic.com but you will not see travel agencies discussed there - board rules.

Booking the GTY cabin will save a bit. Many folks do it. I would prefer to pick my own cabin though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Expedia is a great company. They are honest and try to do their best. They have been around for many years.
    I have friends who have used Expedia. Most important with any travel agency is to make sure all the information is accurate.
    That is your responsibility to make sure and look for any errors on your booking papers. I always check to make sure every thing is accurate. Make sure the names you use are also on your passport too. No nick names can be used.

A booked guarantee Balcony means that you will get a Balcony some where on the ship. I don't see any thing wrong with guarantees because you do save money by not choosing your balcony. Some times the ships are full so the only thing left is the guarantee.

My favorite website is VACATIONSTOGO.COM to book my cruises. I have been with them for more than 10 yrs.

I am a member of cruise critic.com. They do approve of cruisers using Expedia as your travel agent.

You should go to cruisecritic.com to learn more about cruising. Don't ask questions. Just read, read, read. You will find all
    your questions answered.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just FYI some balcony rooms have obstructed views. Tender boats or other things may block your view on one side or the other. These are the lower level balcony rooms and could be what you will end up with. Make sure you book a Caribbean cruise that has a stop in Antigua or St Kitts as of all the islands Antigua had the most beautiful water. Take a Catamaran with the lobster lunch excursion in Antigua. You won't regret it. Best excursion we took and the food was better than any we had onboard. It takes you snorkeling and also to 2 different beaches that are just perfect. Had the best time. Barbados is also very nice. Have a great time and if you have any excursion questions please ask as I booked one on every island we stopped at on our 11 day cruise last month and give you input. ;) Here's one of the Antigua beaches we stopped at! Sand is like silk and water is perfect! [​IMG][​IMG]

5. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes the ships will let you know what Balcony cabin you have been assigned. Check out the location and see if it is an obstructed view. You will still get to see the ocean. I have booked many obstructed view cabins at a cheap rate. The most important part of a balcony that you will be able to open the balcony door and get the ocean air. Plus, sit outside and enjoy your balcony.
    I don't think or feel your cabin will have an obstructed view because Expedia is a super large company that would complain to the cruise line if you were to get a lousy balcony. They do sell a lot of cabins for the cruise lines.

Please don't back out of your planned cruise. You will love the ship, the ports and cruising and become a cruise addict like ME.lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.