1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bon Breads - best artisan bread in Vegas

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ah6tyfour, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Living in Vegas, I take for granted some of the my favorite shops and forget that others may not know about them. I just realized while answering a question on another forum that I've never seen my favorite artisan bread bakery talked about on this forum.

The best place to get artisan bread is Bon Breads at Town Square (tiny store hidden away by Tommy Bahamas). They also sell at a few farmers markets around town. And I heard that Las Vegas Whole Foods locations have started carrying a limited selection of their bread as well.

They sell baguettes ($3), huge ciabatta, breadsticks, etc.

They're known for their batards though. They come in many varieties (bacon & onion, cherry & walnut, onion, feta, olive, and WHITE CHOCOLATE). The white chocolate batard is the most amazing one and is one of the best pieces of bread I've ever had. It sounds weird, but it's perfectly balanced.

Batards go for $6 each. Each week, they put a different flavor on special for 50% off (so $3). If you check in on Yelp, you get a "Buy 2, get 1 free" deal. And on top of that, they have a stamp card where you get a free white chocolate batard with every 10 items purchased.

Stock is very limited since the store is so small. Call ahead and have them set aside things you want, especially if it's the white chocolate batard.

Bon Breads supplies many of the nicer restaurants in town. If you like the bread served at any of their client restaurants, you can call Bon Breads a day in advance and special order the exact bread you like. Most of those are not normally carried in the store. I wouldn't mind ordering some of Le Cirque's bread! Here's the list of clients:
    Restaurants serving Bon Breads bread

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may have to check them out sometime; those breads all look wonderful!

3. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must be good bread if all those fancy restaurants use em. I plan on going to the south outlet malls so may try to walk over there if I can.

4. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting the info on this bakery. I'm going to be driving into Vegas this Sunday and it looks like an inviting place to stop by. They don't post their hours on their website but another site (Yelp,com) indicates that they don't open until 11 AM which is rather late opening for a bakery and sadly a couple hours past the time I'll probably be passing by there.

5. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just called the store and their hours for Sunday are 9am-7pm.

It's a bit late of an opening for a bakery because all the bread is made off-site at their main facility (not open to the public). The bread is delivered to the retail store each morning as they make their route delivering to all their restaurant clients.

You can call at 702-457-7797 if you want anything set aside for you. Or to special order any bread not in the store (like 12 mini pretzel rolls for $5)

Hope you get to go and hope you like it! But don't like it so much that you become a regular and I can never get the breads I want.

[edit]
    I just realized this post sounded sort of commercial-y. No, I don't work for them. heh
    [/edit]

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  6. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much. Now I definitely will plan on stopping by there Sunday morning. And no, I did not assume this was anything more than a fellow poster here with some good info to share for the benefit of all of us here.
    :beer:

7. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Hope you like the bread!

It's tucked away directly behind Teavana. Look for the bicycle with all the bread on it.

As for what to get that would be good to just eat by itself:
    My two favorites are the white chocolate batard and the cherry walnut batard. The latter uses whole dried cherries that are amazingly sweet with a tart finish. The dough is different as well so the end result is a very rustic and earthy loaf. If I was going on a fancy camping trip, I'd want the cherry one to eat around the fire. And then I'd spread out a jar of Jet-Puffed marshmallow fluff on a sheet pan, hold it over the fire to toast the whole thing, and spread it on the white chocolate batard. But I guess this will never happen since, who's ever heard of a fancy camping trip?

And you can't go wrong with a baguette or a ciabatta.

There also exists a sliced white chocolate brioche. I've never tried it and it seems very expensive ($11), but I bet it'd make amazing french toast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.