1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Blue Man Group acquired by Cirque du Soleil

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by SH0CK, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably doesn't mean a whole lot for the average Vegas visitor, but I thought this was interesting.

Cirque du Soleil, the global performance juggernaut best known for its acrobatic circus displays, on Thursday announced that it had acquired Blue Man Productions, with the mutual aim of expanding Blue Man’s reach beyond its five permanent United States shows (in New York, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas and Orlando, Fla.), a world tour and one permanent international show (Berlin).

After the acquisition, Blue Man will be able to tap into Cirque’s worldwide access to theaters and marketers. In particular, both organizations have their eye on China, home to one of the most powerful and quickly growing entertainment industries in the world.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/theater/cirque-du-soleil-buys-blue-man-group.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very Interesting. . . .maybe now the tickets will be available on myVegas.

I have seen them numerous times over the past 20 years.

The latest iteration of their show (at the Luxor, where they started) is, IMHO, a much more "economical" (i.e. smaller) version of their original show (also at the Luxor), but many of the "skits" have been updated, as they have throughout the years.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Another NGO trip. QQQQ/NYNY
  3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully BMG can really benefit from this acquisition.
    They deserve it!
    They practice, practice, and practice until they're blue in the face! :cool:

RICHARD

4. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope they don't become more Cirque like though and still focus on the music. I love the BMG music. I even listen to it on CD.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BMG is a fun show everyone should see once. I agree, I hope it doesn't change much. The Cirque shows are all becoming so generic and are too much alike. First time I saw BMG was when they performed at halftime of an NBA game. They had about 8 minutes. No one had heard of them before and no one knew what to make of them.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BMG is a good meld of the artsy and the earthy! It's not as earthy as Stomp and it's not (yet) as artsy as the Cirque shows. I would hope there's something in there for "Creative Independence" on the BMG side!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.