1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Biggest tipper you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Number 1 is Dr. Mike from the You Can Bet on That Podcast, playing craps with that dude is SUPER impressive. A close 2nd is @Gino from our own VMB! $20 a drink from the floor!!!! In also, his initial friendly hugs are a death grip, don't get on this guys bad side!

July 19th - July 24th
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my buddy t-bone is a pretty big tipper... we were at the mirage playing blackjack and he was on a major heater..
    was tipping the waitress a green chip every time for a bottle of perrier,

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The guy at the other end of the Bellagio craps table from me at 3:30am. Only us at the table. He was betting $10,000 against on each number (don't pass and 1-2 don't comes) he played...so about $20,000-30,000 on the table at any given time. He kept tipping me black chips and playing green chips for me. Barely any of the green chips won but he tipped me a total of $800 in black chips. Made my morning!

• Like Like x 6
    • Wow! Wow! x 5
    • Love Love x 3
  4. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in terms of restaurants, having worked for years as a waiter in fine dining, i always found it to be those involved in the pharmaceutical industry :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you listened to my friends, you'd think I was. I just think they're tight ****s, lol. I always overtip, but not anything stupid.

I'm quite petulant and always press if I'm with people I know don't like tipping much :D

I'll have to ask the guys I know that play lots of craps if they've got any stories.

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played craps with this guy who loved to play hardways. He started playing nickel hardways and was getting very, very lucky. The hardways were hitting often for him, so he parlayed a whole lot of them and won quite a few, to the point he was playing black chips on the hardways.

He started tipping the dealers by playing quarter hardways for them. And his luck continued where the dealers had many quarter hardways hit in their favor.

I thought that was mighty nice of him. If I were to guess, the result of his tipping the dealers resulted in a couple of thousand dollars from him alone that went into their dealer fund.

• Like Like x 3
  7. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple years ago I watched a lady playing 5¢ triple draw Ultimate X JOB tip the cocktail waitress $100, not once but 3 different times...for COFFEE!

• Wow! Wow! x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  8. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @EastCoastVegasFan! you are right about Dr. Mike's tipping. I once stopped by to say hello to him and Mark at a Harrahs Rincon craps table but did not have time to play with them. Here is a photo of one of Dr. Mike's tip stacks from his website when he requested the tips not be put into the tip box until the stack was as tall as the table sides.

MikesTipStack.jpg

• Wow! Wow! x 6
  9. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I normally go to the Diamond Lounge with those two then play somewhere. It’s intense

July 19th - July 24th
  10. Hurricane

Hurricane Eat, drink, be merry and roll points

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I honestly don’t understand really big tipping like that. Like anything that doesn’t harm others, I say do whatever makes you happy, but I just fundamentally don’t understand it.

The dealer’s work is the same no matter the stakes that the player is betting risking their own money. So tipping huge feels like just giving away thousands of dollars to strangers, which again, is fine if that’s what you want — but if I’m going to give away that much money it will be to friends, family or charity.

Of course if you’re truly rich and can give away big bucks to dealers, CWs, friends, families AND charity, then more power to you.

11. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tipper Gore, no?

Annual me and Pete
    • Funny Funny x 5
  12. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never over tip dealers, it’s already a negative EV game....

July 19th - July 24th
  13. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The biggest "tip" I ever gave was by way of betting $5 on the fire bet for myself and adding a buck for the dealers. Two times I did so, it hit for five unique points and the buck turned into $250 dropped in the toke box leading to very appreciative dealers.

14. Tex

Tex VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy shit, do you dress like a dealer?

15. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LMAO! Tee shirt and cargo shorts. Actually, he only tipped the dealers $100 when he left the table (down). I was kind of embarrassed because he was tipping me but not the dealers. He would just toss a black chip down the table to me every so often. He also bet bunches of greens on the hard ways and horns for me but none of them hit. I tipped the dealers one of the black chips when I left the table. Really, something I never imagined would ever happen to me...though I was once tipped $400 by a guy after shooting the All-Tall-Small and making him thousands. I thought that was a fluke. Who knew?
    Lesson: NEVER, NEVER, pass the dice.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.