1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Better late than never?

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jer, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jer

    Jer I kinda did a thing...

    Jan 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Trips to Las Vegas:

    My Trip Report

    Okay, with Kansas and Syracuse making it to the final two, I now have my inspiration to write this nasty, losing trip report...

    I'll spare you the details on how we got there, but after a terrible airfare and sweet talking the casino host at the Aladdin we were good to go.

    Love those goosebumps you get when you touch down in Vegas. I have said it before, I don't think that feeling will ever change!

    We took a cab to the Aladdin and checked our bags in because our room wouldn't be ready for a few hours or more. I went with the pure intention of watching the games, but I didn't watch a single game. My friends wanted to play BJ so they found a single $5 shoe game going and luckily two people were getting up. Now it was my turn to hit the craps tables! I went to one and the racks were okay looking so I reached in my pocket to grab some money. Nothing, nada... I then remembered that I put my wallet in the bag I was carrying because it was irritating me to carry it in my back pocket. I went back to the luggage check and they brought out all the bags (I told them what I needed, but they insisted to bring ALL of the stuff anyhow.) I looked through the bag and there was my walletI had brought $1000 with me to play with and swore to myself that I wouldn't spend anymore so I mailed my ATM card home to my wife the night before. I grabbed the wallet, went back to the table and everyone was cheering and high fiving and the rails looked quite a bit fatter than when I left the first time. It had been almost 30 minutes or so and it was the same person that grabbed the dice when I left. The minute I put my money down for my chips, "SEVEN OUT...." And there was applause and cheering for this guy at the other end. He colored up $3500 and left the table. The lady next to me asked me where I had gone to and politely rubbed it in that everyone made a few bucks with that monster. I chuckled and put my money on the passline. I always start out big and then go accordingly from there. The $25 passline was quickly backed by $50 with the 10 coming up. I did $24 on the 6 and 8 and $20 on the 5 and 9. I got a few hits inside, but that dreaded number came and I was down $20 bucks. I just kept plugging along and after about three hours, I was down $250 bucks. Since I SWORE to myself that all I was going to spend was $1000 In 3 hours I had just spent a 1/4 of my bankroll and decided to quit for awhile. i went to the BJ tables and my two friends were sitting there with this disgusting look on there faces. They were up almost $750 each and pissed away most of it chasing a few losses. The dealer was, and I swear, Dennis Eckersley the old closer for the A's in their glory years. I joked with him about it and he wasn't too pleased. I told the guys to pick up what they had left and lets go eat. it was about 12pm or so and we decided to eat at the PF Changs there. Good food, good price and I can get the same food in a mall back home though. After talking about the losses (They actually won but only had $100 more instead of the $750) we decided to go to see if our room was ready. It was, and we went up and had the people bring our bags to us. I turned on the TV and the movie 8 Mile came on without me even touching anything. I started watching that and after almost 30 minutes, our bags arrived.

    Well, we got unpacked and decided to head downtown to the Cortez for some low limit action. They were amazed that the Cortez had the $3 single deck going and they busted out the green and tried to load up. The pit bosses were on that table like a hawk. I walked on down to my favorite spot at the table on the left and put down $200 and went to work. The pitboss from last time remembered me and shook my hand and said, "No hard feelings?" I agreed and proceeded to lose $100 in an hour. The table was WAYYYY cold. I left that area and walked back to the BJ tables where my two boys were having a great time. They were up to betting $100 a hand and doing a good job as well. They told me to sit down and the minute I did, the dealer pulled a 21... I was pissed. I could do nothing right, no breaks were coming my way so I called it a day and went back to the room at the Aladdin. As I walked past a few tables, I had this itch to play one last $100 at the craps tables I did my thing, and lost $75 bucks in a few minutes... I was so mad, I just said $10 YO and hoped for the best. "Eleven, Yo-Eleven..." WOW A FREAKIN' VICTORY! I took my winnings and headed up to the room to watch a game and the minute I got up there, I got the worst headache I have ever had. I took a few advil and ended up falling asleep after I closed my eyes.

    When I woke up, it was 5 in the morning on Friday. Scott and Tony were passed out, one on the floor and one on the other bed. Their wallets were sitting on the table and the weren't looking slim at all. Good for them, at least some of us are winning. Just then I got a call on my cell from my sister who was in Florida going to Disneyworld with he boyfriends parents. She was so happy to hear I was in Vegas, and after I tolf her what I had been through she assured me that everything would turnout okay. After the usual morning ritual showering, I left a note on the table and went down to see what was up in the casino. It was still packed, and for some STRANGE reason, I went to th Royale. Yes it was me who lead a revolt to get out of that place, and yes it was me who said I would never go back there. At 7 in the morning, this place was dead... There were 6 people at each craps table, and the dealers were all very nice and cordial. I was shocked. I put down $100 and bet low early. I hit a few numbers and a few points as well and made a whopping $56 bucks in my session rolling. Well, that all went back really quickly when I backed the pass with $75 when the 6 popped up. Afer two more rolls, you guessed it... SEVEN OUT. I was getting so sick of hearing that, but I was determined to get back to my buy in and leave. Well, after 3 hours, I was still $20 down and decided to head back to see what the fellas were up to. I saw the note that they had gone to the Paris Buffet for breakfast and for me to meet them there. This was two hours ago. I went there anyways and looked inside and they were not there. I saw an opening at the craps table there. Proceeded to lose $150 bucks there in almost 30 minutes. I chased that and soon the $150 was $350. DAMNIT!!!! I don't know what to do. I called my wife and told her I was having NO fun and losing my ass in the process and wanted to just come home. She told me to go do something that I always do when I have won, eat at he Bellagio buffet. I thanked her and headed over there. The line was okay, I ate, and I just sat there and planned in my head what I was going to do. I don't know if it was the losing trip or what, but the food and service there was pretty bad this time.

    After I left there, I went back to the Aladdin and applied for a line of credit. After awhile, I was approved and I had $5000 to play with. I know most of you are thinking this was a big mistake by me, and maybe it was but it comes into play later on...

    I went to the tables again and actually played for almost 5 hours straight on $100 Up and down, never up more than $50 bucks and never going lower than $50 either. That was the first real fun I have had there yet. I figure this was the time to make my move. I started betting bigger and actually started winning some. When I left the table, I was up alomost $650 and pretty much even for the trip. I went up to the room again and there was a voicemail message saying the fellas have looked for me and gave up. I would not see them until the next day, the hit a strip bar and blew a lot of money on the ladies...

    Again, I put my head down and fell asleep. When I woke up it was almost 10 am and I felt horrible. I was all stuffed up and my headache was back. I went down to Walgreens and grabbed some cold stuff and down it with some OJ. In 20 minutes I was a new man. I headed back to the Aladdin.and went to work there. It was Saturday now and I was ready to make a move or else I would go home tonight instead of Sunday like my tickets said.

    All day, up and down, up and down. Binions treated me well, I won a whopping $22 bucks there. I went back to the Cortez and spent a few hours there losing $19 bucks. I met up with the gang, and we ate lunch at the food court in the Monte Carlo. After that, we played there for awhile and I lost about $175 bucks in 3 hours.I was down around $250 for the whole trip now and I thought I would just hang out and quit because it just wasn't getting any better. Then, and only then, I started drinking. After that it was a nightmare. A drunk guy plus a card that can get you $5000 instantly doesn't mix. Before I knew it, I was down $4000 dollarsAll of my cash was gone and I had $1750 left on my line of credit. I went up to the room with my tail between my legs when I sobered up. I remember losing, but it didn't seem like I was losing that much, but I did....

    I woke up the next morning only to discover that Scott and Tony were losing there ass at the MC at the exact same time I was at the Aladdin. I was beat, I wanted to go home, and I was starving. We ate at the buffet at the Aladdin, charged it to our room and just ate silently. I knew they were thinking the exact same thing I was... "Whose stupid idea was this????"

    I told the boys I would them at the airportin about 4 hours, I had some things I wanted to do. I grabbed my stuff from the room, checked it in, and went to the the casino host that my friend set us up with. He took all our info and said our room was fully comped as well as the food they ordered to the room and the other random items. That was cool, At least I got that put back on my card!

    I couldn't get that feeling out of my head that I could just have one more winning session. I went to the Bacarrat table. I took the remaining $1750 from my credit and sat and watched the trends.... Bank, Player, Bank, Player.... I only had an hour left and needed to do something quick so I started seeing that there was 3 banks and 1 player going on at a time. Then after it went to the thirp player in a row, I took $1300 and bet the banker. I flipped over my first card and it was a 9. Looking good so far. I told the dealer to open the first card and she had a 9 as well... Her next card was another nine giving her an 8. The only way I could win was to get a 10 under. Oh crap, I had a bad feeling so I turned the other card and slammed it down.. It was a King!!! I won! I told them to pay off the marker and took the remaining money and grabbed my stuff to hit the airport.

    The plane trip home was cool. I was pissed about the $2700 or so that I lost, but kept telling myself that $2700 was better than $4000...

    Okay, thats it.. I'm done!

    Random thoughts...

    - I had my first "bad" experience at the Bellagio Bufffet. Even the best teams lose every now and then, right?

    - Vegas sucks when you are sick

    - The saying, "You win some, you lose some" sucks

    - I saw the biggest group of Irish fans I have ever seen. They must have filled the sidewalk a few times

    - Gonzaga should be among the elite teams in the country, no matter if they lose to USD in their conference tornament.

    - Plans are in the making for the next trip. Ironically, it is in the last week of July as well. Whoever said the conference has moved from March to July is a freakin' genius! [​IMG]

    [ April 07, 2003, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Vegas Jer ]
  2. Smarra17

    Smarra17 Poker Queen

    Jul 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the loss and for the sickness, I was there in July and had the flu and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. At least you rebounded in the end.
  3. HurricaneMikey

    HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

    Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast of Sin City
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, Jer, your trip kinda sounds like my October trip. Lose, Lose, Lose, get sick, Lose, Lose, get sick...ugh. Vegas is not a fun town to be sick in.

    Ok! I'm excited for the end of July...

  4. Absolutdrinker

    Absolutdrinker Low-Roller

    Jan 21, 2003
    Well Jer,

    To make things better, at least u got a sure win tonite in the SY and KU game..

    That 1300 buck bet was ballzy for sure. I wouldve been so sick of the tables.. but yeah, its better than dropping four grand.

    Cant really say it was a good TR, cuz u didnt have dice luck.. but best to ya in july


    Just curious.. what made you want to pull a 5K line of credit?
  5. Dougie

    Dougie I am IN!

    Sep 18, 2002
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jer- Thanks for the genious comment. I think we have all had the need for a last minute big dollar run. Mine usually leave me deeper in the hole. Lets all make some bucks at the end of July...

  6. EskimoTony

    EskimoTony Tourist

    Jul 29, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    My gut was wrenching [​IMG] just READING the last part of your report. I can't imagine what yours was doing. Congrats on the big win at the end, but I hate that you've planted that seed of an idea in my mind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.