1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best steakhouse lately- I know I could search but wondering about recent trips!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegasloverfromatl, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we ate at BLT Steak in Ballys. It was fine but nothing fantastic. For the price of the travelzoo meal, it was worth it don't get me wrong. Having said that, the ambiance is not as great as a place like Gordon Ramsey Steak. With the travelzoo certificate, the server told us we could just spend $210 toward food and not to worry about what the certificate said. We got an amuse bouche of duck fat on crustini which was delicious. The popovers were good but I didn't think out of this world. We both got a wedge salad- they were good but heavy on dressing. We got mushroom caps for side and the mac and cheese. Both were disappointing. The steak itself was good- I got the filet mignon. It was huge and cooked perfectly but my side of horseradish cream sauce was cold. I asked him if it was supposed to be and he said yes. Even the little pitcher it was in was cold meaning they were pre-poured and put in the fridge earlier in the evening. It was good but thick because it was cold. We didn't get dessert as we were stuffed. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of food and it wasn't bad per se but I wouldn't go back. The service was amazing. Just not a big wow factor on the food.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cmani

cmani Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a very similar experience at BLT Steak last year. Like you said, it wasn't terrible, but we won't go back either.

4. ClevingerAl

ClevingerAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I in the minority here when I say they are all pretty much a muchness? Unless you are going somewhere significantly different in price, I think 'he best steakhouse argument will generally come down to circumstance. Whether you go to the steakhouse at NYNY or the steakhouse at the Wynn, for me its really difficult to say 'x is significantly better than y'.

5. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you haven't been to Prime yet, I'd suggest it. The best steak we've had this year was, surisingly perhaps to some, at Lakeside. Lakeside serves up SW steaks, but with a spectacular array of seafood to go with it in a beautiful room with faultless service.

That's all I've got,.

6. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CUT or SW for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like Old Homestead at Caesars, Ruth's Chris at Harrah's, and Center Cut at Flamingo. As I said before, we did not enjoy BLT Steak at Bally's.

- bcc.

8. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone will have their favorite steakhouse, that just the way it is.........

In our experience we enjoyed Gallaghers at NYNY. We shared a sirloin steak and the waiter cut it up for us at the table....kind of nice and it was very good but of course expensive just the same. Gallaghers had a somewhat sterile atmosphere to us. We expected more for the price.

Now Craftsteak at MGM hit it out of the park for food, service and atmosphere but again EXPENSIVE.

Our next trip will be downtown come spring and we have never stayed downtown so I was looking at some of the reviews here for tips/ideas for a good steakhouse downtown. I was actually expecting better deals down there but from three steakhouses I checked out they are just expensive if not more then the restaurants on the strip. Kind of disappointed me with that.....but as the old saying goes, they charge what the traffic will bear.

9. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at Prime in May and SW just recently and both my wife and I thought Prime was much better. We have tried a lot of them over the years and as of now Prime gets our best steak house in Vegas vote.

10. mbely1000

mbely1000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Carnevino-and probably best Italian restaurant in Vegas too.
    2. Stripsteak-I like the Asian influence on their menu
    3. Tie between Cut and Craftsteak; Cut has unique things on their menu and Craftsteak has good steaks but great sides. Whoever does their produce purchasing is great.

11. COnative

COnative Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually do Ruth's Chris due to the CET tie and the RC's, but the meal never disappoints either. The RC here in Denver I think doesn't compare to most of them, so we enjoy the one in LV. I would also recommend Delmonico's in the Venetian as well. It used to be my go to, but since they opened Ruth's and it's "free" we choose that. Although after reading all these posts I we might give Old Home a shot in a few weeks on our trip.

12. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have not had a bad meal at GR Steak and by far our favorite, also Old Homestead at Caesars is great. We also enjoy Strip House in PH very much so those are my 3 choices, but unfortunately you dislike 2 of them. Good luck, a great steak is so right!!! Rick

13. les303

les303 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugo's at the 4 Queens Downtown.. you wont be disappointed!

14. RunningRam

RunningRam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see a reason to eat a steakhouse that I can eat at in my hometown so Ruth's Chris, Flemings, etc are not on my Vegas radar. I have had good experiences at Gallagher's, Heritage at Mirage, Craftsteak, STK at Cosmo, Old Homestead, and Circus Circus. I was not impressed with Stripsteak, BLT, or Tender. Center Cut at Flamingo was terrible. I would not go back on a comp.
    I also got a surprisingly good steak at Mon Ami Gabi last spring when my wife and I ate there overlooking the Bellagio fountains.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TXactuarial

TXactuarial High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm surprised you didn't like BLT steak. Everything about my meal was unique in addition to being tasty. Craft cocktails with unique ingredients - appetizer was just super thick cut bacon with a compote on top, and the steak was exceptional.

16. file1040

file1040 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't be afraid of off-strip steak houses. I'm a fan of Andiron in Summerlin. 25 minute ride but worth it. They comped a dessert when I mentioned I came in from the strip. Prices are easily 30% lower and there was compromise on quality, ambiance and service. High end Summerlin residents demand the best.

17. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sure you are correct that there are great steaks to be had away from the strip or downtown. The thing is, after a bottle of wine I will not drive any distance whatsoever. We have a great restaurant less then one mile from our house and that is my distance limit when indulging in adult beverages.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This year I ate at GR Steak twice, Vic & Anthony's twice, and Striphouse once.

First two were superb meals both visits, and up there with the best I've had.

Striphouse was very good, but I felt the steak was a little overseasoned/charred.

Haven't been to CUT for a couple years now, so will try to get back there next summer, as it has been my ATF.

Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
  19. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best - SW, Prime, Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
    Worst - Craftsteak, Old Homestead

20. jimo

jimo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried this place for the first time on our last visit.... now a must do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.