1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best room to get hammered?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by celticnoel79, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so ive played in many poker rooms on the strip and i have my faves for different reasons but im looking for a room thats best to get hammered drunk while playing, this will be a one off night as i have a golf game arranged with a buddy while im over there and we will be starting early with a dozen or so beers while out on the course but looking to continue drinking afterwards at the poker tables. I usually play either $1/$2 or $2/$5 cash games but thats when im playing sensible! Im guessing im looking to find a cheap pot limit game to take advantage of the 'free' drinks service and not loose 'too much' money. We are both Scottish so handle our drink way better than most ive came across while drinking in the USA, seriously some of the kids ive came across at the tables have been sloshed after less than an hours drinking time! Im staying at Mandalay Bay so somewhere close by to there would be ideal, any ideas welcome cheers :beer:

2. Jjhill5

Jjhill5 Newbie

3. raisingoo

raisingoo Medium-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had good drink service at Flamingo. There is a bar literally within the poker room and the waitresses service the tables fast. Plus, they comp out Blue Moon and other decent beers, as well as Jack Daniels... I've never gone away from that room thirsty or dry.

4. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers guys, PH im very familiar with, one of my fave rooms for late night nl cash games, usually pretty easy pickings but ive never played limit there, not sure I fancy the stagger back to Mandalay afterward tho so would need to be a cab!
    Not too familiar with Flamingo, think ive only played once there but if it has quick coctail service ill defo stick it on the list :thumbsup:

5. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on your criteria, I would recommend Excalibur.

They have a 2-6 spread limit game that's a little more natural for an NL player than a fixed limit game. (I don't think you will find a pot limit game outside places like Bellagio & Venetian, which I wouldn't recommend as good rooms to get hammered in) There is a single blind and you can buy in as little as $20. It's a great format if you just want to play around without thinking too much.

More importantly, Excal is very tolerant of drunk players. Most rooms are reasonably tolerant of drunk play, but Excal goes above and beyond in this regard.

Cocktail quality is not great, but if you already have a buzz going the drinks they serve are plenty good enough to get hammered on. Also, a $5 tip up front and couple of bucks for each round should get the drinks to you about as fast as you can drink them (at least that has been my experience).

Finally, the room is just a quick tram ride away from Mandalay.

However, If Excal proves to be a little to low rent for your taste I second the recomendation for Flamingo.

6. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers crussader, sounds like Excalibur could be the room we're looking for, I ALWAYS tip $5 my 1st order even when playing withought getting hammered, usually 2 bucks a drink after the 1st tho as you say to keep them coming at a steady rate. I dont mind losing $100 but i know if im drunk and playing nl i could end up winning the table or losing my whole bankroll and thats the chance i dont wanna take, cheers again for the advice folks :beer:

7. IvanBeausky

IvanBeausky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PH if you can handle playing NL hammered. If not, you best go to Excal.

8. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You definitely want to play somewhere fun and low limits, even though those two don't always go hand in hand.

I've heard Planet Hollywood is a good place. Venetian has the best cocktail service but in my opinion it's too serious.

9. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo for either limit or NL drunken poker.

Fast cocktail service, weak competition, laid back atmosphere, center strip location.

10. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy- Bills. Drinks are strong and waitress makes very regular rounds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.