1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best quarantine Amazon impulse buy so far???

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Wallew, Apr 3, 2020.

1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too. Loved roller skating. I still haven't ordered them. My brother and sister gave me the "well, make sure you get elbow pads, and knee pads, and wear a helmet. Kind of took the fun out of it. I had a vision of me with my elbow pads, knee pads, helmet, mask and hazmat suite - and it just didn't seem like much fun anymore :).

Sister Trip - New Dates (Again)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. thebeachbum

thebeachbum Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to get out more. Solitary is expensive. It's amazing what you think to need from Amazon. Heck, I don't even know what some of these pedals really do. But, apparently I needed them. IMG_0542.JPG

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  3. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also not Amazon, from the north country:

upload_2020-5-18_9-29-47.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. MzB85

MzB85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Press on nails and toys to keep me and hubby entertained because we have been spending alot of extra quality time.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are fabulous! I have been thinking that if the strip is super quiet, would rollerblading/skating be a possibility for early morning exercise? :ssst: Bulky in the carry on, but still!

Entire trip at my favorite hotel!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Vegas is Fabulous When You Degen Responsibly ;)

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. SMG

SMG High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apple's been dangling a carrot in front of my nose, since they came out with their new 16" MacBook Pro. It's taking a lot of will power not to pull the trigger and buy one during this lockdown, since it's not cheap. LOL It's probably the best MacBook Pro they've come out with so far. Since one of my hobbies is video editing, it takes forever to render high res 360 videos on my current iMac which is a few years old and wasn't configured for the type of work I'm doing on it now. :blink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hollywood31

Hollywood31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ditto is a nice little pedal. The layering is pretty decent. Throw it in your effects loop and play around with some OD and clean layers.

9. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not Amazon, but always glad when these types of things show up. Stolpman Sangiovese and Carbonic Sangiovese:

340pI1nsTW+8x4r9YkfWtQ.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Soooo, the whole quarantine shopping thing has turned me into Edward Norton on Fight Club.... where he does his soliloquy on his obsessive shopping for the perfect couch/item/etc.

I just spent the last two weeks shopping for replacement drinking glasses and a bedside carafe. Ordered a few of each, still not right. Amazon, Wayfair, Macy's, target, you name it. If I start waking up with bruises on my face and a crazy-haired lady in my kitchen (Helena Bonham Carter), I'll know I'm in trouble!

1e3cbcebe2c50698d50474a872c99dca.jpg

On, a serious note, I DID buy blue apple produce extenders on Amazon. Amazing little buggers. I tossed them in my produce drawer and my produce is lasting 2-3 times as long! And under $15 bucks!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Dutch34

Dutch34 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We decided to make our deck a usable space, finally. We bought a hot tub (supposed to deliver in 3 weeks...it’s been 6 and still waiting because of Covid restrictions). We also got some new deck furniture and a fire pit along with a canopy to keep the hot MO sun off us. The canopy was an Amazon purchase, as was the furniture and fire pit. 15010E85-1059-412A-B328-D10F5156DAD7.jpeg CD291BDA-03DD-4F26-A753-1F1F89C2754B.jpeg A12E9F81-1A7A-4DE3-B7EB-B4D17B26A651.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 5
  12. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well.... that is a little better/fancier than my recent impulse buy. I have to have water by the bed, but every cat in the universe loves to stick their big head in it an drink my water. (Winston, my kitten of five months, has taken on this passion as well.)

So, I wanted a narrow top, fatter bottom vessel. (Winston has a ginormous polar bear head, so good luck fitting your noggin in that one, little guy!)

Bonus, it came with a teenie matching drinking cup, so Winston has his own "people" cup to drink from.

It's probably pretty bad when you obsess on a drinking carafe and make sure your cat has a matching cup. I think the amazing deck reno might be a SMIDGE more impressive/exciting! :whistle:

20200530_201340.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 3
  13. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a water bottle right by my bed but to be fully prepared, I put a mini fridge by my bed, doubles as a nightstand. stocked with drinks and on top holds cell phone, lamp, money, mail and guns lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  14. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing makes you question your life decisions more than hearing about cats who have it better than you! :( :evillaugh:

• Love Love x 2
  15. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it helps, he had his whompers "adjusted" this week, so don't be too jealous!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. donfairplay

donfairplay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the matching carafe and cup. Amazon (or wherever you bought this) really does have everything, doesn't it?

17. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does buying toilet paper and paper towels on Amazon count?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Sapphire

Sapphire Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enough to where my granddaughters asked me who's birthday it was, when I said "no ones" they were all, "Oh, is it Christmas already?" The 3 year old keeps me informed of any new boxes that arrive and since I have no idea what I've ordered anymore since everything takes so long to arrive now, we have big reveals in the living room and everyone gets excited for whoever is receiving the contents. The top favs have been the 4 foot tall barbie dreamhouse, the 5 different voice activated robot toys, the 5 new chef outfits for my oldest son, and the new jumbo yard games (jenga, yahtzee and connect four). Oh, and everyone seems to enjoy the 20 different nerf guns, including the neighbors who seem to have a vested interest in whether or not two little girls can find enough "bullets" in the yard to reload fast enough to escape their uncles.

• Like Like x 2
  19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I did a while back, as the dweebs were hoarding TP and none of the shops had it on the shelves for a while. I now have enough to last up until the next panic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hollywood31

Hollywood31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    which canopy is this? I like the rounded look.