1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best places for UFC 244 and possibly Canelo fight

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by AceRothstein80, Oct 3, 2019.

1. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was curious what best options are out there. I am much more interested in UFC, but would be cool if some place showed both fights. The Canelo fight is at T-Mobile, UFC is in NYC

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  2. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure MGM blacks out the strip for their in house fights. Not sure on UFC.

3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seem to remember the Golden Nugget having a UFC watch party in 'The Grand' room when I was staying there.

Not sure what the price was for a ticket. That would have been before the Fertittas sold it, though.

Going mad @ Nomad
    UFC245 & December on the Terrace!
  4. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a list if you google it. Private viewing parties. Did one a few years ago at El Cortez, would never go there again.
    Seats were terrible and walking back to our hotel, we passed people laying on the ground and needles beside them.

We also did one at Palace Station that was very nice and cheap. Drink service and padded seats with large screens, the
    place was packed.

We have reserved seats at Bally's this trip for the Breeders Cup, but doubt they will show the fight there?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak specifically to MGM, and I do know that a lot of the major promotions have shifted around how they do their PPVs, but generally speaking, if it's a PPV then venues are usually prohibited from showing the fight unless it's a ticketed event with a revenue-share agreement. There are usually viewing parties, but they're not free.

6. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the days of one bar subscribing to the fight and then 100 people showing up at the bar to see the fight for "free" has changed. The promotion companies realized how many PPV's they were losing and have severely restricted how the fights are shown now

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info!

8. AyDee

AyDee getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I wanted to find one for a McGregor fight and the DT options were few and far between, w. the ElCo being one of them. passed.
    IIRC there was one at a CET Irish bar and that sounded a bit much. also passed.
    Also IIRC, you couldn't catch it at any sports book.

semi OT, wanted to get a bet on Stylebender last fight but was on the way out via South Point. Was informed line would not go up until Thursday, if at all, because it isn't bet much out there.

maybe, idk.