1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best place for a massage?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jjjjelam, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjjjelam

jjjjelam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanting to have my first spa experince this week and get a simple massage.. staying at Paris, but would go elsewhere if its a better deal. Where do you like to go??

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am much in favor of going to the same place you are staying at. Especially if you like to change, etc afterwards. Walking to another hotel and back takes a bit away the whole thing - relaxation.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite Vegas spas ranked in order are : Aria, Caesars Palace, Bellagio, Cosmo, Mandalay Bay, Wynn, Mirage. The only ones I would definitely avoid are NYNY and Luxor

I Need Spa
  4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Daughter & s-i-l had a couples massage at Paris & said it was great. Last year they had one at Bally's. She said hers was wonderful but his was not so great. Guess they can be a hit-or-miss at a lot of places depending on who you get. Good luck!!

5. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point. I've heard of disappointing massages at almost every spa. That is specific to the masseuse. I'm guessing the better spas have higher standards, but that doesn't guarantee anything.

Now the overall spa experience is a different thing. As another member mentioned though, usually the benefit of jumping in the elevator and going back to the room is hard to outweigh with the trouble of going to a different hotel (hope that made sense :) )

One thing I know: You'll pay a PREMIUM for a hotel massage.

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a massage at Wynn, but they gave me a dude. What the hell, I still asked for a happy ending.

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is an excellent point. If all the OP is asking about is where to get the best massage, then its not the spa that matters but the masseuse. One of the best massages I ever got was at MGM. But overall, its not my favorite spa (although I should have put it on my list between Wynn and Mirage). One of the worst massages I have ever had was at Caesars. Yet, I still love the spa itself. I say, pick the spa you enjoy most, be upfront and clear with the therapist about what you like and don't like, and then hope he or she heard you and is good at their job

I Need Spa
  8. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard to find a deal at any of the major Strip hotels on a massage, but it's well worth the tariff. Love Mandalay, Aria, Bellagio, and Vdara. Great spas and massages. Best way to get over the night before when you're in Vegas!!

9. SterlingGuy

SterlingGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas spa experiences and massages can be very different things. Frankly, it's part of the luck of the draw who you get as a therapist. I go where I can get the best deal (like the Qua $99 deal). Caesars Qua is the best of the spas that I've experienced, with Wynn and Encore coming is second. Disappointed by the spa facilities at NYNY, Mirage, Luxor (although Carrot Top was in the gym when I was there), Palms, and the (formerly) LV Hilton. However, the best massages I've had were at Luxor and NYNY, go figure.

10. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you are looking for "simple massage" and a "better deal", check sites like groupon and living social. you'll see a bunch of them there.

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did it move? (Seinfeld reference)

12. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :evillaugh

Seriously, I'd get your massage at Paris, where you're staying. You're going to want to chill for a while afterwards and the last thing you feel like doing after a great massage is walking the strip or jumping into some stinky cab.

I'm not homophobic in the least bit but that doesn't take away from the fact that I always prefer a female masseuse so if you do, I'd ask and make sure they know you're wants. I've never had a situation where they couldn't accomodate that request.

I get a massage regularly at home too so another bit of advice; make sure you communicate your desires as far as light, med, deep tissue and hot stones. Getting a massage that suites your desires and comfort level makes all the differnece in a great massage and one where you can't wait to get off of the table.

Enjoy...

13. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Not sure Dean Martin needs to apologize for wanting a female masseuse.

14. mattcloss

mattcloss Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too was a big fan of the Qua $99 deal. Unfortunately I called last week and they don't seem to offer it anymore. $150 + tax/tip is just too steep...

15. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only speak for Paris as it's the only place we've ever had a massage and that was this past December. It was pretty nice. I won't say it was stupendous but I really don't have anything to compare it too. We used a travelzoo $99 coupon for both my wife and myself each. We made our appointments for a couples massage. We had our own private room, I had a woman masseuse, my wife had a man, we were laying side by side. They were very professional. The lockerrooms where you get ready are pretty nice, with all the toiletries your could ever use, tons of towels. They give you robe and slippers and a locker for your possessions with a key you hold. Your naked but you get under sheets and they keep all pertinent areas covered. I also got a scalp and hair treatment, my wife got a foot treatment (we had to spend our certificates only on services). Afterwards, you can relax as long as you want in their saunas, steam rooms and Jacuzzis. It was an extremely relaxing 2 hours for the entire experience. The body massage was 50 minute before the other treatments. The tip is NOT included in any deals and it was like $38 mandatory each (based on retail price, not coupon price).

I'd do it again at the Paris if the opportunity presents itself, but I would think any of the better hotels offer a marvelous spa and massage.

16. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it at the Canyon Ranch at Venetian and the Aria.

Like others have said... if you're going just for the massage, do it at the hotel you're staying at. If you're looking forward to all the amenities in the spa (suana, whirlpool, showers, etc) that's a different story.

I like the Canyon Ranch better than the Aria, but I've done CR at least a half dozen times. It's truly wonderful.

My friend who I often visit CR with thinks the Encore is much nicer than CR. I need to check that out the next time I go.

The Aria massage I had was great and the masseuse told me that she came over from the Bellagio.

17. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the exact same experience at MGM Grand but we were staying there.....So what happens in Paris stays in Paris......Go For It There ! ! !

18. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes the experience varies from time to time. I have done Aria three times. The first time it was very good. Next time, so so. Gave it another try and it was good. Not great.

Facilities are one thing. The process getting in and out is another. And then the person working on you can make all the difference.

As mentioned earlier, going to the same place where you are staying often over trumps everything.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.