1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best option for adult family of 5 staying together?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by EugeneChoi, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Parents, brother, fiancee and I are looking to stay 4 nights in Vegas. We have booked the panoramic room at Mandalay Bay. Thats a living room, 1 king bedroom and 2 queens, 2 bath all attached for ~$1200 total. Does anyone know of any better options for a similar price? This is the only 'room' layout like this that I know of.

Signature Suites are sold out, MGM Grand 1 king room and 2 queens comes out to +$400! Thoughts?

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why in the world would you want to stay in the same room?

this is vegas baby.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agree with above. From what I can see, you need 3 bedrooms.
    In the same suite or not is not important I would say.
    In fact, I would prefer not in the same suite even if it has 3 bedrooms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice 3br condos 1/2 mile off strip, this is where I would look....

5. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brother and parents in the suite. You and fiancée in another room on another floor. Family can hang out in the suite and you get "alone" time in your room.

Coming from a parent who visited Vegas with his son and his fiancée we had different rooms no where near each other to visit they came up to our suite.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is Vegas Baby!

No need for group suite. Separate rooms. Meet up when you want. Play when you want. Honeymoon when you want.

Did not notice an age for brother and assume he is gambling age?

Keep in mind that some people will stay up late. Some will go to bed early. Some get up early. Some sleep in. Some want breakfast. Some could care less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you really need a big fancy suite? For what you are willing to spend, get 2 standard rooms. one for you and another for them. Most strip hotels have decent standard rooms.

8. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your best bet is probably a 2 Bedroom at the Polo Towers. That room is going to be smaller than the room you currently have booked at Mandalay, but it will be significantly cheaper.

Good luck.

9. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In general, big rooms on the strip are exorbitantly expensive.

You will be better off going somewhere else or getting more than 1 room

You could also go the AirBnB/VRBO route and rent a house

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a kick ass suite, but I would never stay in a single unit with that many people.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You and your fiancee stay at MB, let the parents stay at Encore, and send the brother to Downtown.
    Get together at the airport on the way back.
    In the end, you all will greatly appreciate it.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could try the Hilton Grand Vacations at Flamingo. They have studios, 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms. Full kitchens or the studios have microwave, coffee maker, toaster, fridge. Full access to Flamingo pool for free or their own quieter pool with plenty of empty sun beds and umbrellas. It is literally right behind Flamingo Hotel between the pool and the High Roller. Three studios would work even better and be cheaper than a two bedroom which consists of a 1 bedroom and a studio. The studios have a king bed and a double sofa bed in one room and the one bedroom has a king bed and a sofa bed in another room. No resort fees and free wifi. Free parking too in Flamingo parking garage. My favourite place to stay in Vegas.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, everyone, for the ideas. It really comes down to money for us, my parents wanted to treat us all to a trip where we could lounge at the pool all day and go to some shows at night. While some more space/privacy would be preferable, I was more so wondering if similar rooms existed on the strip. I'm lucky to be returning a few weeks later for a less family oriented trip!

14. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If money is an issue, I believe you can save money by booking separate standard (usually "deluxe") rooms. You can even request adjoining rooms if you want.

I will say that $300/nt for four nights for that suite is a pretty good deal. I guess the brother can always crash on the couch if he didn't want to grab one of the queen beds?

The only other suggestion I have is check out Elara. They should have 3BR options and have a pretty good reputation.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  15. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My god I can't imagine ever having spent a night in the same hotel room with my parents and my fiancee. Especially in LV

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. tribegiant

tribegiant Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I type, I am sitting in a 2bd condo at Grandview. It's a lockoff...Kids staying in their own suite with full kitchen and we are in the other full suite. And I am able to grab this for $240/wk regularly. We've come here for the last 8 yrs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And some take hours hogging the bathroom getting ready :whistle:.

IMHO - No matter how close and compatible a family of five adults can be - 4 nights of togetherness wears thin pretty quickly. Offer to share in the cost of booking at least 2 rooms or 3 rooms if possible. Meet ups for pool time, spa, lunch, dinners, shows and walkabout time allows for plenty of together time.

19. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you know someone guilty of that, Geogran! :poke:

That's why I stick with a sensible haircut. I don't get enough mirror time to tame the mullet anymore! :blah:

Lots of good suggestions above for the OP to consider...

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In most cultures living in the same space is preferred. I dont see anything wrong with your arrangement, as a matter of fact, its quite fun to have everyone in the same space like that. The late night food binge along with hilarious stories is always a fun way to end the night. Being able to leave the room in one group is always easier so everyone arrives at the shows/dinners on time and at the same time. You have all the other days of your life to have privacy, but you only have those special moments when everyone is together for a limited time. Cant be a one man wolf pack, it has to grow.

We have stayed in the MGM Marquee suite with the whole gang once in the past, although Im not sure about the pricing. We actually had 2 rooms booked and they allowed us to give up the 2 rooms and take the marquee. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.