1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Italian at a CET place?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mrem3200, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to go to a nice Italian restaurant on my next trip at a CET place. I am staying at Cromwell and I have already been to Giada's twice so I want to try something different. I have heard (mostly) good things about Rao's but for some reason that seems cheesy to me. So other than those 2 where is a good place to go? Or is Rao's really a good option? Thanks.

2. jcombs

jcombs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did Rao's last year and enjoyed it. I think I'm going to try Martorano's in Feb as I've heard a lot of good things about there as well. Those are the only two places I hear any real buzz about.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My fave of this genre is Trevi in Caesars Forum Shops.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add I'm mulino too list.

Can't go wrong with raos.

5. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have tried Rao's and Martorano's. I thought both were great, I would give Martorano's the edge. I am not a meatball fan, but, I can't wait to have one again!!

6. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My thoughts as well, both are great, Rao's is considered a bit nicer, but personally I lean towards Martorano's.

7. grosx2

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't tried Trevi so I can't comment on it, just wanted to note that with any restaurant in the Forum Shops, you can't charge to your room, so no back end comps.

8. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok thanks. That is why I want it to be a CET place so I will cross this off the list.

9. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You just don't know sometimes, went to Raos over Thanksgiving with a host from Caesars and the food was terrible. Cold veal, grimy clams with linguine, had to send everything back. Not a good experience. Always have found Il Mulino to be very consistent and good.

10. grosx2

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP has stated, more than once, that he is looking for a CET restaurant, which Il Mulino is not.

11. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I second Martorano's. I've been there on numerous occasions and frequent the one in AC often

12. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Martorano's at Paris last week and really enjoyed it.

I had my meal chosen from the limited online menu before going but was offered another three or four starters and mains by tablet, complete with pictures. I chose the calamari Bibzy and a scallop and lump crab risotto (from the daily menu). The appetizer was nice, but that risotto was a buttery dream.

Service was attentive and informal (well, I was dressed "informal"), and the sommelier did a much better job than the one at Old Homestead the night before. I'm far from an expert on Italian food, but I did enjoy the meal.

13. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rao's is an excellent option. We loved it. I had the salmon "special" and tcc had the chicken parmesan "special," which came with spaghetti with marinara sauce. Total came to $75. Very nice room, albeit a little crowded and very busy. Would go again.

We ate at the Martorano's when it was at the Rio. I thought the meatball and salad combo was very average. The Chicken Parm did not come with any pasta.

- bcc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.