1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Best easy to find Table Games on the Strip - House Edge

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by feeltheheat, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lets make a list here for the recreational las vegas gambler for the best table games that you can easily find on the strip today.
    Yes, we all know you can find 3:2 blah blah blah BJ in the HL areas, but lets have a list here for popular games that require a min bet between $10 and $25 and that you can find "everywhere".

Game - bet - house edge (about; rounded to make it easier) - skill / no skill

BlackJack - 3:2BJ odds / 6 Deck / ... - less then 0.75% - skill involved
    Spanish 21 - basic strategy - less then 1% - skill involved
    Baccarat - player/banker - less then 1.25% - no skill involved (sorry when i offended someone with that)
    Craps - pass/don't pass - less then 1.50% - no skill involved (odds 0%HE; SO reduces HE to under 1%; DO reduces HE to under 0.75%; 3x-4x-5x odds reduces HE to under 0.5%)
    BlackJack - 6:5BJ odds / 6-8 Deck / Bank hits on S17 / basic strategy - 1.5% to 2.0% - skill involved
    Pai Gow Poker - basic strategy - less then 2.50% - skill involved
    3 Card Poker - basic Q,8,6 strategy - less then 3.5% - little skill involved
    Let It Ride - basic strategy - 3.5% - skill involved
    Roulette - with double0 - 5.25% - no skill involved

if i made a mistake with the HE please comment.
    please add... i will update this post
    if you want to add VP odds (not a VP player myself), please post odds of machines you can find on the strip "everywhere"... and not the machines that you find only in HL areas....so lets limit VP machines in this list $0.25.
    edit: 3/2 bj and craps.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  2. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The recreational Las Vegas gambler can do MUCH better than the house edge on most of the games you listed above.

Blackjack: Please don't sit down at the 6:5 games! Don't discount being able to easily find better blackjack rules. In only takes a few minutes to find plenty of 6-deck 3:2 games at the $15 and $25 levels with DAS:
    H17, no RSA: 0.64%
    H17, RSA: 0.57%
    H17, RSA, surrender (more rare): 0.48%

Table mins for S17 games will start to go up. However, some places will have 3:2, S17, DAS, RSA, Surrender at $25 level, which gets you to 0.28%, but most of these are $50 and up.

Craps: passline bet with just single odds is 0.848%, while double odds gets you down to 0.606%. Listing craps at 1.5% isn't really fair, as EVERYONE plays at least single odds. You can find many $5 table minimums, and $10 table mins almost anywhere.

3. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really hope there is still a Spanish 21 game in town.

During my SB weekend trip it appeared that V/P removed the game much to my chagrin. I didn't make it down to Cosmo to see if they still had theirs.

V/P and Cosmo were the only ones offering it...

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo doesn't have Spanish 21 anymore either.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well that blows.

I guess they needed that extra table for some 6:5 blackjack or stupid blackjack switch

6. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    blahblahblah

7. flamingogo

flamingogo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, there's still plenty of lowwe-limit 3:2 BJ in non-HL areas, which has been covered in other threads. Don't make it seem like 6:5 is your only option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.