1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best direct Business Class flights from London to Vegas?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bignig135, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have never flown Business Class before and plan to fly this way for my 60th birthday. I have narrowed it down to either BA or Virgin, although both seem to have pros and cons., although if there are any US airlines which fly direct we would consider them too.
    The main problem with Virgin seems to be poor cabin layout, with poor privacy and the bar being in an awkward position, meaning little chance of a peaceful flight?
    BA apparently offer better privacy options, but you have to pay a considerable additional sum to reserve the right seats.
    Not bothered about the meals on offer or entertainment options, just privacy and a flat bed!

Any advice welcomed, especially from those who have tried out both airlines. Many thanks!

2. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take Virgin. It is the best by far. I used to fly to the UK back and forth for work and have flown business class on Virgin, BA, United and American. Their club at Heathrow is amazing. Moreover, the food and staff are better than BA. U.S. airlines are very mediocre. If you are concerned about privacy, the left side of business class has a single row. I would sit on that side of the plane. The middle seats flows into the right row.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  3. SprintGravy

SprintGravy Gravy Train Conductor

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virgin would be my choice usually but that suite that BA uses for the LHR to LAS flight is their best seat that BA offers.

If food, drink, and service matters to you more, I would take Virgin. If the physical seat matters to you more, I would say BA.

No US direct flights, your best option would be Delta to JFK and then the JFK to LAS wouldn't be a lie flat.

4. SprintGravy

SprintGravy Gravy Train Conductor

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also I am basing this on the BA suing the A350 and Virgin using their 787. If Virgin uses their A350 for your flights, it's a similar suite to BAs. But again, I've never seen the A350 on a LHR to LAS flight with Virgin

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with this. BA isn’t even the upper crust of business class but I far prefer them to AA.

6. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all! It looks like BA for us then, as we are more concerned with a comfortable seat than food or entertainment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.