1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellman Tips

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Reefer, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reefer

Reefer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be arriving in Vegas early in the morning and figure we will not get to our room mid to late afternoon. We will be taking a cab or shuttle bus to the Bellagio. We will need to store 2 bags for that time and will have a carry on for changing into our suits for the pool etc. Just wondering if we tip the Bellman who takes our bags when we arrive and stores them. We know to tip the one who delivers the bags to the room when we call for them. Just wanted your thoughts...:eek:

2. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Like with valet, a couple bucks at drop off and pick up

3. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tip them both. The amt depends on the service. When storing my luggage, I don't want them to shove them in the back so if I give them a few bucks a bag. I feel better about my bags staying together, safe and not buried. I give more to the person who brings them to the room since they have a longer haul and usually get ice, give recommendations, etc.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to find the same bellman every time. It seems odd, but it's paid off for me on a couple of occasions. Once I was running behind to get out to the airport and ran into a huge line -- the guy I'd worked with before was on duty, saw me in line, and hooked me up.

5. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Bellmen all the time in Vegas

I have a favorite bellman at Ballys. I always ask for him. He is very friendly and loves to talk to me. We always have fun talking.

When I stayed at the Paris Hotel a bell-man took my luggage for storage and I asked him if he was going to be the one to deliver my luggage to my room and he said "No". So I said, "Let me give you a small tip then". He got all happy with the few dollars that I gave him. When it got delivered I gave the bell-man
    $5. and he got all happy with the tip I gave him. It was just one piece of luggage. LucyR.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you SURE you will not be able to get a room?

What is your status there? Type of room? Day of week?

Sometimes people get their room in the morning.

7. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take between $50 and $100 in singles for TIPS, because in Vegas everyone expects tips...from the cab driver to the Bellman, to Housekeeping to the cocktail waitress to the bartender to the guy sitting next to you at the BJ table..........LOL.........so yes....tip away.....without tips Vegas would go broke....LOL...

8. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of workers truly appreciate the tips.

I live in the L.A. area and most workers expect us to give them a great tip.

In Vegas... I notice that the workers really do appreciate the tips we give
    them no matter how small it is. I only tip a few dollars and it makes them
    happy. They do make my life easier when I get extra help from them.
    A lot of tourists from some countries are not used to tipping so they never
    tip. Then there are the cheap skates who don't like to tip.

9. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I always do at Bellagio is tell the bellman that I am not ready to check my bags yet and then go to the reservation desk to see if my room is available. If not, I go back out and leave them with the bellman (yes, I do tip him to take the bags - I want them well taken care of) and just go out and enjoy Vegas until the room is ready. Of course the bellman who brings the bag up is tipped as well.

If my room is ready, I just bring them up myself so I can unpack quickly and hit the town!

10. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check on a room first.
    Every so often they have a room available for an early check-in.

If not then get the bellman and pay $2-$3 per bag as I want him to take care of them and not let them be left out. I tend to do $2 per bag to the guy who brings them up.

11. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always have 3 bags and I tip $5 at arrival when they load our bags and $5 again when they bring them to the room

12. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer to deal with our own bags, but when we do need to use a bellman we tip $5 at drop off and delivery.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I STRONGLY agree with dealing with my own bags. When we get to the room, our mode is to unpack QUICKLY and go get a drink.

Waiting around for a bellman is a waste of valuable time. And then the small talk, dealing with the tip,etc. is just a drag.

No matter how big the hotel is, but bag(s) just follow right behind me.

(but, if we are early and no room is ready, then $5 to drop off, and $5-$10 for delivery)

14. Reefer

Reefer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I missed you post nostresshere....we will be arriving about 9:45am on a Sunday so odds are we will not get to the room until later. It's our 4th stay at Bellagio so not much in status and just a normal room. I will for sure try to get a room first and if not hand the bags off for storage. Again, sorry for the late reply.

15. Reefer

Reefer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even tho we are arriving pretty early, this sounds like my plan....thanks to all who responded. Been away awhile from the Message Board with illness to Family member. Will be good to get away for awhile!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.