$20 Bellagio

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not my intention to rain on your parade if you're happy with the deal she gave you, but that extra hour was the standard grace period they give everybody at MLife properties. Check-out time is 11, but the "real" check-out time is 12, and anything beyond that you'll pay for.

EDC
    • Like Like x 1
  2. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I wasn't sure what she meant when she told us something similar. Of course, I am still very happy we got the view upgrade, I am not a Gold member yet.

3. Quinn

Quinn Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Eugene. I'm super grateful for your input. You were actually my reason for joining the board! I'm leaving for Vegas soon and yours was one of the more recent reviews of the $20 trick @ Bellagio. By some slim chance, do you remember the name of the nice lady who assisted you at the front desk? Most people I've talked to have had luck with getting good upgrades with the "$20 trick" at Bellagio which is great. It'd be awesome if I could keep a look out for someone in particular. I know there's dozens of front desk people, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way it was set up I had no choice in who I was assigned. Roughly 3pm on a Monday and the line took 20-30 minutes to get through. They just directed me to whoever was open next, she happened to be mid 20s and Asian American. Midweek we moved to Aria and I checked in with an older European woman and had the same luck. I wouldn't worry too much about who you are checking in with, they all handled it very professionally!

5. ginmqi

ginmqi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update to this section. Friend and I stayed for just 1 night on a weekday in late april this year. No choice of agents as we arrived late afternoon and line was long and we were ushered to the first guy available. He was likely of Eastern European descent and is a LA local. Quite friendly and I think me being ethnic looking may have helped with the conversation. Gave $20 and asked about any upgrades he can do would be highly appreciated. He he immediately got the gist. $20 laid on top of counter for the world to see. We got upgraded to the Bellagio Suite on the 20+ floor (forget which floor exactly) from the standard King. Huge suite with separate living room and 2 and a half bathrooms, with shower and separate tub and two sinks. Unfortunately did not get Fountain View but we were just fine with that!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattwall

Mattwall Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked comped Bellagio Fountain View king. Want Salon Suite. Willing to do $50 trick but was wondering if I should ask for ANY fountain view suite or just salon?

7. Grant1982

Grant1982 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well if you want something specific I would ask for something specific. I usually don't pull any money out, I just ask if they have any complimentary upgrades, if I get one I give em a $20.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for a Salone Suite, because that's what they're called.

No harm in aiming higher, but if you ask for "any fountain view suite" you should also specify "in the main tower."

9. Danielle624

Danielle624 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have tried a few times at Aria with no success. Even tried a $50. Nothing.
    Have tried a few times at Bellagio. Out of about 5 times, one time it worked with a $50 and got a "Bellagio" suite, but had to pay an upsell charge per night. It was reduced because of tier, but I don't know if this counts as a true success with a sandwich.

10. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of months ago I did the 20$ trick at the Bellagio. I got a room on a higher floor and a couple of line passes for some Bellagio restaurants.

11. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried $20 a year and a half ago at Bellagio...they said “they’re not allowed”.

12. matsui

matsui Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely not true.

13. EugeneChoi

EugeneChoi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried again in June. She placed the $20 on the counter and said to wait and decide if they have earned it after the fact. They recognized it was just a few days past my birthday and thanked me for choosing them to celebrate. I booked a fully comped 2 queen fountain view. I requested a high floor - she gave me the 16th floor (about halfway up). The tip got me nothing but not the end of the world, these people work hard.

14. file1040

file1040 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just back from a quick trip. I had a comp for 8/23 to 8/25 and all I could book online was a Tower King which was fine. When I checked in using the Mlife Invited line at the main desk, I asked the agent for an upgrade to the spa tower with a fountain view and viola...an upgrade to a corner room. She left the $20 on the desk and I told her take it. Spa tower is way better to go to and from the pool. In the winter, a tower is just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Eroc

Eroc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This use to work for me, but when i give them the sandwhich they put it on the counter. make a call and then tell me all suites are sold out. But i only go when its comp. and im Platinum. still no love.

16. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a comped fountain view room available for four nights during the first week in January. It appears that the $20 trick would not be of benefit based on the previous comments. Thanks for all the feedback.

17. CaliZen

CaliZen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went on Thanksgiving for 4 days 3 night on comp with plat status. So $20, only got me a higher floor, which is a waste on that day. Maybe it'll work when their not busy? will try again in 3 year.

18. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoping for an upgrade in January when we go on two nights comped

• Like Like x 1
  19. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone with recent experience?

20. Strikes

Strikes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed four nights in August on a comp. Slipped $50 with identification and was happy with the outcome - Resort Tower King room upgraded to Fountain Resort Tower King room on top floor plus in-room fridge at no cost. Great room!