1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio Restaurants

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Vegasstar33, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boone

Boone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Noodles = 20 bucks for most dishes
    Jasmine = 50 bucks for most dishes

Tough comparing the two places when Noodles was set up for the Asian tourists to have a place that feels a little like a noodle bar from back home. I don't pay for either but my host comps Laksa Curry Noodles from Noodles at least twice a trip at 15 bucks a bowl and I almost never go to Jasmine anymore.

If you want the view and the ambiance then Jasmine is want, if you want everyday eats then Noodles.

Just taking up for my Noodles!! Not attacking ya.

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL no offense taken - but my personal experience at Noodles over two separate occasions (in different years) has been downright terrible. And it wasn't just me - the others in my party found the food below par and inedible too. I truly hope the Asian tourists are used to much better food back home. For me the cost is irrelevant. I would rather pay a lot more for Jasmine, knowing I will enjoy every bite than ever dine at Noodles again.

With that said, there is always a long line out the door at Noodles. I know a lot of people love it. I am just not one of them. I think I would rather lick the nearby Wheel Of Fortune machines than take a chance on Noodles again!

3. GoFlamesGo

GoFlamesGo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime is OK, but for the price not my favorite. I like YellowTail and Olives.

Not sure why the person on page one is so passionate about how everyone else is wrong about olives, I'm sure I can dig out positive reviews as he has a negative one.

I would say that at Olives I have ordered fish and flatbread, and both were great. They have a great atmosphere and make above average drinks. It's not the best place in town but its pretty solid. If it really sucked it would not have been around for as long as it has.

If you feel like going for a walk, and looking for other ideas, I'd suggest SW @ Wynn, Nobhill @ MGM and for breakfast or lunch, Earl of Sandwich at PH.

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for your detailed response, Jilly.

I guess for me restaurants like Andre's and Mix have very different menus, while steakhouses are mostly the same. The beef even uses the same grading system.

5. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, like I said, I realize it's not a perfect apples to apples comparison, but I was trying to make a more general comparison in terms of the number of restaurants under a particular style or genre available in Vegas causing all other restaurants under that style or genre to be graded on a curve - as different as they are, Andre's and Mix are still both classified as "French", and in many cases, "Classic French" restaurants - so while either would be considered an absolute standout of a French restaurant in most cities, arguably neither is at the top of the list in a city that has so much competition in the same category - so I was trying to make a similar point about steakhouses [though to your point about menu diversity among steakhouses - or the lack thereof - it should also be noted that one of the primary reasons why I think a place like Carnevino stands head & shoulders above the rest of the Vegas steakhouse pack is precisely because of its unique menu]

Also, to say that just because all prime beef uses the same grading system so therefore it's all the same is IMO a bit of an oversimplification - it's like someone who isn't a true Scotch or cigar aficianado saying that they don't think single malts are any different than blends, or that a Cuban cigar is no better than a Dominican - perhaps both are true to the novice, but not the true connoisseur.

But the analogy I was going for was that to someone who doesn't know all that much about or hasn't eaten that much French cuisine, they might not appreciate what they're missing [so to speak] if they chose, say, Mix over Guy Savoy or Joel Robuchon - just as someone who hasn't eaten many dry-aged steaks might not appreciate what they're missing if they eat at a place that mostly or entirely serves wet-aged steaks.

But of course, I guess there's also some people who actually prefer wet-aged steaks, too [philistines! LOL]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  6. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at Le Cirque and Yellowtail. Obviously, these are polar opposites from a cuisine standpoint and from an environment standpoint. I thought the Le Cirque was average at best. The best item I had was the risotto w/ truffles. However, everything else was disappointing consider my bill for 2 was over $300.

As for Yellowtail, I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was pretty cool too.

7. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    food

cafe Bellagio is always good and recently ate at Michael Mina - it was excellent.

Take note of the coffee shop, close to the art gallery and the ice cream place opposite - both very nice

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.