1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio fountain... first song you saw

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sapphirevegas, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What was the first song you heard when seeing the fountain show? Mine was Fly Me To The Moon by Sinatra. I cried the whole way through. I still cry every time I am standing there watching the show. I know it sounds girly, but it is just so powerful.

Yearly trip
    Part two
  2. Vegasaddict2014

Vegasaddict2014 Low-Roller

Billie Jean was the first I saw but then in the evening Time To Say Goodbye came on and I've always wanted to see that one so as soon as I heard it start I burst into tears. I was an emotional wreck!

I'm with you in the girly club sapphire! :)

3. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is an awesome topic, thanks sapphire, because I vividly remember it, and it was one of my favorite songs before and still is. It was Con te Patiro.

Like you, I actually kind of teared up. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary, and it was the first "real" trip we had been able to afford to take (other than a long weekend or something) since our honeymoon. I was tipsy and really caught up in the moment. We make a point of catching the fountains a few times on each trip, and I've always hoped to catch that song again - and never have. One of these times we have to right...or is that the same logic that causes me to constantly miss those Yo bets at the craps table? :)

Taking the wife to a work conference
  4. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really don't remember the song, but the fountains figure into my "snapshot" moment in LV. We always eat on the patio of MON AMI on our first night in LV every trip. We enjoy the fountains and looks at the traffic and hotel lights that symbolize LV and I always get teary when I think how lucky I am and what a great life I have to be sitting there. So, I have that moment every trip and get teary every trip.

5. Vegasaddict2014

Seems like it's an emotional moment for many. I've said for years that that's the only place I'd want to be proposed to! It really is magical.

#soppybint ;-)

6. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aaah, memories!

It's funny I would remember this, but my first B Fountain song was the theme from the "Beef, It's What's For Dinner" commercial.

I have always had a fondness for the B Fountains. It is such a classy attraction. I always tear up when I see the last scene in Oceans Eleven.

7. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe "Time to Say Goodbye" was my first Bellagio fountain song as well. Great song, and I feel like its appropriate for the Bellagio... all around classy.

8. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1st time I ever saw the fountains was online to Time to say goodbye, like many I felt emotional watching it and that was only through the computer, I had plans to propose to my wife at the fountains but ended up doing it elsewhere, think our 1st 'live' experience was to Luck be a lady by Sinatra, every time we go the fountains still grab our attention, it seems like most of the 'free' entertainment shows are closing down these days please Bellagio you gotta keep the fountains!

9. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first one was Time to say goodbye, it's an emotional song anyway and to watch the fountains during this song makes it even more worthwhile.

10. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. TAS17

TAS17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although it was not my first time hearing this song but I remember getting ready to head out of the room and God Bless the USA started playing. Our son had just left for his Navy enlistment and we just stood at the window in tears, watching the fountains with this song playing. Brings back memories when ever I hear the song/fountains and always hope they play during my stay.

First song ever heard and second best of all is Time to say goodbye.... Always sad when it hapens to play on the last night before going home!

12. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I were in Vegas for our honeymoon, crossing the pedestrian bridge from Bally's over to Bellagio, and caught "Fly Me to the Moon", which was the song for our first dance at the wedding. We stopped in the middle of the bridge to watch. It was perfect. I still get goosebumps thinking about that moment.

13. suebee

suebee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't remember what the song was because I was driving by (very, very slowly) and it was opening night of the Bellagio. It wasn't planned that way, but now when I think back to how lucky I was to see one of the first shows I honestly can't believe my dumb luck.

Now I go every trip and I usually tear up too, can't help it!

14. Publius

Publius Living the Dream

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fly me to the moon, I remember seeing it and feeling good that I am lucky to be able to enjoy life. I agree that it is very sad to see time to say goodbye on your last night on the trip.

I know that it's not an fountain show but the song Claire de lune and the fountains is perfect, just watching the scene from Oceans 11 and the song is epic. I wish I could have the song actually play with the fountains

15. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be lying if I said I could remember the first song I saw, but the first one I remember is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

16. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After starting this thread today, I went on you tube and watched a bunch of videos of the fountains. Got a lump in my throat even not being there. Cant wait til October!

Yearly trip
    Part two
  17. Vegasaddict2014

I'm back in October too Sapphire, if you see a girl near the fountains with mascara running down her face - it's me :)

18. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't remember the first song either. First one recorded at the Fountain - Celine Dion - My heart will go on- very enchanting - One that brought me to tears was a couple of years ago on 9/11 - Lee Greenwood - I'm Proud to be an American.

19. moses4969

moses4969 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On

20. doo1963

doo1963 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right after 9/11, american flags draped over the side of the buildings, Proud to be an American was playing. Still get chills when I think of it today.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.