1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beer Garden @ the Plaza

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by retro, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do apologize for my shameless promotion of said garden. To the first question, no, paying customer like everyone else; to 2nd, damn, don't I wish!!!

I wish I had tried the place before so that I could attest to the quality, so I say without question whether is better now than before. I believe it was before owned by outside venture and is now owned by the hotel. If not, it certainly has a different vibe than before (had seen many times, but never ventured in). The have a quite a selection of beers on tap, more than willing to give a taste before selecting. I didn't try the food, but did see people eating without complaints.

As far as the girls, have only known Darlene since Feb., but she has just always been so sweet. Jackie, I've know for years now, she is just so precious, her and another girl (Valeria) from the GG are my favorites. That said I will let this thread fade away before someone complains and has it stricken from the record.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wasn't a complaint on my part, I was just making a joke.

3. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I understood, didn't take it that way. However, some might be tired of it and don't want push it, but damn, Jackie is so fine.

4. whopper

whopper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the Beer Garden while staying there for the Big Blues Bender. They were still finishing up the outside portion. Really enjoyed the beer selection.

5. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lied, posting again about the beer garden. seems like the plaza wants to kill this place off, at least that will be the result of the new manager. he definitely wants my girls gone, has them down to two days a week and not working together. seems he didn't care for how well they got along together and with their customers. Jackie was off while I was there, D was as sweet as always. Problems seem to be in the future as the place has been taken over by the plaza, but not allowing employees of garden to be union. guessing they will be filing a grievance in the near future if not already. Won't be back until at least Jan., be interesting to see if it's still there.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I hope Jackie lands on her feet. It does sound like they are phasing out the entire beer garden concept. If I remember, I'll check it out in two weeks.

7. yolla0912

yolla0912 Low-Roller

I am looking into this....

8. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was being sarcastic, I don't think they're phasing it out, just they brought in a new mgr., he's trying to make his imprint but it certainly is detrimental to my girls hours. They're such good friends of each other, think their laughter made him feel they weren't working or something. Thing is, that's such a draw, besides them being drop dead gorgeous, who doesn't want to go hangout where everyone is having a great time. There's no gaming there so you really need "regulars" to help keep it afloat. They'll both land on their feet, I saw a post yesterday by DJ Sara, seems she starting up some business needing dancers, gogo bartenders, etc.. I tagged them plus texted it to them. If you do get a chance to stop by they might still be there, tell them Frank said hi. If you make it to the Gate, their bar is being totally gutted and redone, V just sent a couple pics last night. Could be done by the time you're there. I'm hoping they still make it vintage looking, just get rid of the stench. Those floor drain pipes were nasty, every now and then you'd get a whiff!!!

9. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there this weekend, see how my girls are doing. Jackie sent message that I'll see her but she didn't exactly say at beer garden. Believe Darlene is still there too, for now. My friends really like the disco band that they have performing in the lounge. think they're called wonder boogie. best hangout though is with V over at bar prohibition (GG).

10. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep us updated. I'll be there in two weeks

11. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone needs to put the beer garden out of it's misery. Both my girls are now gone, Jackie quit last week-end. Have a feeling (not confirmed) the little twerp mgr said something to Jackie that made her quit on the spot (he had told me earlier in the day she would be in, guessing her gave her crap about asking about her). She has two offers on the other side (strip) of town, at least one working with Darlene so I know they will be fine. However the whole time I was there (5 days) I kept checking in on the place, never saw more than two people, most of the time there wasn't anyone. Those two girls had so much fun working together, such great personalities that they would attract business. Definitely a big loss for the Plaza/BG. I just don't see how the place can survive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.