1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Been in Vegas during any iconic moments?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Johnzimbo, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just when you fist started this thread.... I was thinking many times I been to Vegas most times were very uneventful .. biggest memories were seeing some celebrities & attending some big concerts...however within matter of weeks things have changed drastically I was in Vegas 3//11-3/16 and left 'during Vegas shut down', a true iconic Vegas moment! its nothing brag or excite about... when I arrived at airport, there was really long line at ticket counter at delta (I wanted see if I can switch my flight from 5 pm to 12 pm) anyhow, delta worked it out for me: I rememberer how chaotic airport was tho.

I'm from michigan and the night before I left for Vegas we have 2 confirmed case of virus and now we are like 3-4th in this epic crisis (in matter just over one month) what. a crazy time we are living in....be safe my friends..

• Like Like x 4
  2. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for posting this . I had never heard of this incident that I can remember. It led me to looking up the specifics. For anyone else mildly interested, I found this article about the incident on Wikipedia. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEPCON_disaster

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was almost to the point of panic. Back home, My wife's father was involved with, what was back then, community safety and media reporting of major incidents and disasters. That's why we turned on the car radio to hear what the chemicals in the air were. Vegas apparently had no organization like that back then, and all the radio reports merely questioned the same thing. That's why we high tailed it out of town in the opposite direction. I think only two people were killed, but it damaged a good portion of property nearby in Boulder.

4. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess my last trip in March was somewhat iconic because for the most part things were 100% normal, maybe even more folks in Vegas than usual... I drove home on 3/9 - my daughter called me and told me people were buying all the TP and paper towels in the supermarket, about a week later they were shutting down The Strip... amazing how fast this thing happened...

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.