1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bed Bugs at Wynn? Photo Inside.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TheCooler, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That being said, I think people do overreact to single reports of this at a hotel. Every hotel will occasionally have these.

It is when hotels react poorly or slowly or have above average # of reports that it becomes a reason to avoid that place.

2. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even worse, last trip to Wynn as I inspected the room after check in I saw a huge hooker crawl out from under the bed and say they forgot to spray for us. I too blame 2x odds for bugs and hookers. The place is going down hill especially with the stock around 75 from 250.

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife had a dead beetle about 1/2 inch long in a high-end Asian restaurant on the strip during our last trip. This thing was big and nasty, and it grossed her out big time and we'll likely never return. But it isn't a reflection on the place so much, it was probably in a head of cabbage from their food distributor. Same basic idea here, it isn't a reflection on Wynn so much as someone who stayed in that room previously. Now obviously its an issue that needs to be fixed (if that was indeed a bed bug), but its nothing to freak out about and cause a boycott over.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now if you take a picture of THAT next to a Wynn logo it would make for a heck of a tripadvisor review

6. Gargamel

Gargamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't have that specific problem when I stayed at the Wynn - pre craps apocalypse. Have things gone downhill that fast.:goofy:

7. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes unfortunately. Just heed my warning and check under the bed and pillows first thing!

8. rickjt62

rickjt62 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too funny

9. hudaf.abs522

hudaf.abs522 Newbie

10. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was in her food?!? Yikers.

I do agree with it not being a reflection on the place. Things happen. But that doesn't mean it is a pleasant experience. Tell your wife I am scrunching up my face right now in solidarity!

11. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my last trip, I can attest that the Cosmo has an infestation of hookers on their balconies.

12. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

Technically, I think it only counts as an infestation if they were unwanted.:poke:

13. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Touché! [emoji122]

14. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Note to self: pack bleach wipes for Cosmo stay to give the balcony chair a good cleaning!

15. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You obviously know little about bed bugs. A few points:

1. Their bites itch more than anything you can imagine. It's torture, the kind you scratch and claw until they're bloody. I'm talking about itching so intense it can send you to the ER begging for relief.
    2. Most people don't feel it when they're being bitten. A herd of bed bugs can sit there sucking blood out of you for 10 minutes without you even knowing it. That's why you can wake up in the morning with a hundred bed bug bites on your face. Nice.
    3. Not only do you not feel the bite, you don't start itching immediately. It can take up to two weeks for the itching to start, LONG after you've gone home - and infested your house.
    4. Bed bugs are extremely difficult to eliminate. A bed bug can hide in a tiny crack in a baseboard, purse, furniture, rug, headboard, suitcase seam, etc. without moving for as long as a YEAR. When bedbugs are reported in a room, some hotels may close that room down for weeks or months, trying to get rid of the bed bugs. There's one business that provides dogs (beagles, if you're interested) trained to sniff out bedbugs. They charge several thousand dollars a day, in addition to the revenue lost by closing that room. In any case, bed bugs are a hotel's worst nightmare.
    5. No offense to anyone, but be especially watchful in hotels that cater to people from third world countries and places like China and India. For example, there were some popular beachfront hotels in Thailand that refused to accept guests from China. After a growing cry of discrimination, they finally gave in and Chinese tourists started checking in. Within a couple of years, the bedbugs became so intense, the hotels were forced to close down. This does not bode well for the strip, especially with Resorts World coming in and attracting hordes of Chinese visitors.

Best thing to do is, when you arrive in your room, vigorously yank back the covers and sheets on the mattress and check the seams for little black spots and little smears of blood. Same thing under and around the pillows. Keep the suitcase on the rack, not the floor. Don't put your clothes in the dresser.

16. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I had taken pics of the mattress at Boulder Inn from our last trip, there wasn't a question of what is was. But I just wanted out fast. I always check and only found them once.

17. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So spraying Raid won't kill them? Guess I'll hafta double check every time I stay in a hotel. Better safe than sorry! I'm guessing that because one room has them, not every other room will have them?

18. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, you can't spray the entire room, bedframe, mattress, headboard, box springs, picture frames, furniture etc. with Raid. Generally, if the bed is clear, you won't get bit, but that doesn't mean they're not somewhere else in the room, ready to hitch a ride in the seams of your suitcase.

No, they usually don't travel from one room to the next.

19. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I THOUGHT there was a bed bug in my room when I checked into the NYNY a couple of years ago. I sent a picture to my son to see what he thought (knowing he would scour the internet for me! lol) and when I didn't hear from him right away, I called the front desk. They immediately moved us to a suite - which was lovely and had a great view.

My son texted me later and told me it wasn't a bed bug....but he didn't know what it was, so either way, moving was a good idea.... Whatever it was, I didn't want to take its family home with me! I did show the front desk the photo and they didn't comment one way or the other...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.