1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bavette's?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by pressitagain, Aug 12, 2019.

1. pressitagain

pressitagain High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The real question is..:how was Bavette’s?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bangkok, Resort World Genting, and MGM Cotai
    • Like Like x 6
  3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bavette's is awesome. I like it right up there with Carbone. maybe my 4th time there already, and have not been disappointed yet. Low lighting, jazz music in the background, leather banquettes. Think 1940 / 50's steakhouse, old school vibe.

• Like Like x 3
  4. pressitagain

pressitagain High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know about Bavette’s. For me...it’s the best MGM steakhouse.

@VegasBJ is a Craftseak guy....I was just checking to see if it moved up in his rankings?

5. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Bavette's as a change of pace to Craftsteak since I eat at Craftsteak all the time. Both are excellent.

This last time at Bavette's I had the Short Rib Stroganoff ( sans the Stroganoff sauce). I asked the waiter to have them put the short rib sauce / juices from the bottom of the pot over the noodles instead. Bonus!!

6. michael cadena

michael cadena High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of if not my favorite places. From the food to atmosphere it’s perfect also I know it’s blasphemy but they have an amazing cheeseburger trust me it’s a must try

7. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF It's not a bender, it's a lifestyle.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must have hit the place on a bad night, or it's just not my jam. I really wasn't impressed with the steak. It was fine, but for what they charge for a filet I would expect to have my socks blown off. Also wasn't a fan of the insanely dark lighting/decor. Like, the place felt like a dungeon dark. IMO Delmonico, STK and even Joe's at the Forum Shops was a better steak and a much better atmosphere. TEHO though.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. michael cadena

michael cadena High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I must admit out off all steak houses I’ve been to it is unusually dark in there and can be a turn off and. I usually like it but yeah it is on the pricey side compared to other options

9. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will try it again and maybe sit at the bar. The food and service were excellent.
    We were seated in the side room to the right as you enter.
    The food was great but that room was so dark every person in there was using their cell phone flashlight to see the menu and their food.
    It definitely took away from the experience.

• Like Like x 1
  10. john1516inny

john1516inny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there in July and loved it. Really great food and service. Going back for 75th birthday in Oct. can't wait.

11. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went on a Monday in April this year and I think it is among the best steaks I've ever had. Purely based on the 10 oz Ribeye (I normally eat a larger portion but drank a lot that day), It would be a tie with Delmonico for best steak in Vegas (IMO). The wedge salad was decent but nothing special. Service was very good at the bar.

As far as the offerings for sides and apps go, It's definitely not Craftsteak or Delmonico.
    It is however, a very good old school style place that I consider to be just as good as the top end joints as far as the steak goes. Perfectly seasoned, cooked and very high quality. I would definitely go back.

As the steak snob I've become, I highly recommend it.

12. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at the bar. Great food but it was so dark, I ate by the flashlight of my phone. Bartender brought a little lamp over and set it by me. Way too dark in there.

Golden Knights!!!
  13. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I discuss it in my trip report. I’ve had many, but it is definitely one of the top steakhouses I’ve been to and certainly in Vegas.

14. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at the bar, and had a great meal, is dark as stated but not to bad...but my go to place will still be Craftsteak

Annual Dec trip to Aria