$20 Horseshoe (was Bally's)

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hot reds u could ask nicely but I wouldn't try $20 trick. U can always tip if u get lucky!

• Like Like x 1
  2. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feb 2017- scored me an upgrade from a comped basic indigo room to an Indigo tower suite just by asking nicely, then I gave her a $20 tip......

3. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! We check in Saturday--worth a try!

4. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do the $20 trick and get upgraded into suite from Jubilee Strip View do you lose the view? Or does it just improve? Maybe fountain view or something even better? I feel like I'm being greedy but what the hell....it's Vegas!

5. CMUCPA14

CMUCPA14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone had any luck going from a comp room to a suite? I'm planning on using a $50 sandwich and was wondering if I had a decent shot at it or I'm wasting my time.

6. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's no reason to do $50 instead of $20

7. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CMUCPA14 - look just a few lines above:

"Feb 2017- scored me an upgrade from a comped basic indigo room to an Indigo tower suite just by asking nicely, then I gave her a $20 tip......"

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CMUCPA14

CMUCPA14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess that's probably true.. there's no proof $50 gets anything more than $20. It's 2 rooms this time though so upgrading both is worth $50 in my book.

9. CMUCPA14

CMUCPA14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks not sure how I missed that! Only problem is it's 2 rooms with Saturday check-in. I'm still gonna try with the $50 and report back how it goes in a few weeks.

10. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck. I've had a nice upgrade at Bally's a couple of times via the trick.

11. Crash2Man

Crash2Man Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Bally's Sun-Thu Jubilee Premium 2 Queens comped room. Should I bother to try $20 sandwich for a better room?

12. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crash2Man, I would just ask if there are any upgrade options and go from there. Look at Ballys various rooms online above your current booking so you can determine what an upgrade for you would be. Tip accordingly if things go your way. My last trip to Paris, I was upgraded from Red Room to Giverny suite, just by asking. Granted it was on the 7th floor and mostly view of the rooftop. But I will take space over view. Good Luck!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the cheapest room I could get at Ballys (Indigo King Nonsmoking) through my TR login. My goal is to get the quietest room possible in Ballys. Would a $20 trick get me anything better and quieter? I definitely dont mind going to a higher floor, getting a strip view, getting a bigger room, etc, but also need to make sure it's a very quiet room. What should I be aiming for?

14. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on how busy it is, day of week, etc. I have been upgraded to a high floor in Ballys before, but you want to try for a Jubilee room now.

15. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I've never stayed in a Jubilee room--only Indigo Tower. Those rooms have always been very quiet (and easy to get an upgrade on, by asking the front desk clerk if they had any junior suites). If quiet is more important that strip view, that's the way I'd go.

16. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a 2 queen indigo room booked. Check in Saturday. What are the other types of rooms available for an upgrade? Saw someone mention a jr suite above. It's booked on a partial comp, Saturday night is $60, Sunday is comped.

17. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW, I had a 2 queens Jubilee room comped, and I did not bother with the sandwich; I got a wonderful room on the top floor with a view of the fountains and strip south- looking at the Eiffel Tower. 2nd best room we've had in Vegas, not seeing it comped anymore, alas!

18. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one thing I like about my trips is that they are always mid week to mid week and found even early check in as early as 8:00 a.m. at Ballys has never been a problem. I always book the Indigo tower king smoking and always get upgraded to something better by just asking. The funny thing about this trip booking the room online for 5 nights comped with the remaining 3 virtually free was different than what was quoted over the phone through Ballys reservation.

P

19. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are headed to Bally's at end of August. We usually stay at Paris but a dearth of credit card points put left me booking the cheapest Indigo King room they offer. We love our Strip views from Paris, what kind of room should I ask for with the $20 trick that would be most equivalent? Bally's towers sit kind of weird relative to the Strip.

20. Grant1982

Grant1982 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was upgraded from a regular indigo room to a junior suite right next to the elevator in the indigo tower. I checked in inside the Diamond check in, did not present any money before hand, just asked if they had any complimentary upgrades and if not, it would be ok. She said sure here you go, and I pulled out a $20 as a tip. It was for a 2 night stay starting on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 3