1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys tower question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Bloodsucker101, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloodsucker101

Bloodsucker101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Need some information,
    Could anyone tell me if the Bally North Tower Deluxe Room, are the rooms like a motel 7 or are they decent rooms, Wheat is the difference between a south tower classic room and the north tower deluxe room?
    Would like all the info on these two rooms that you can. I am a little scared about booking a room in the north tower deluxe room because of the price I can get $29.50 a nite.

Please help
    Thanks

2. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why does the subject of your post say PLAZA when you are asking a question about Ballys????????????

3. brooksee2

brooksee2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys is a nice hotel, their rooms are nothing like a "motel" room. The price you are seeing is dependent upon a lot of different criteria, time of year, level of play, etc. So don't let the price scare you.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just changed the title and moved the thread - hopefully it's less confusing now:peace:

5. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think any Ballys room for $30 would be decent. No resort fees, and speaking from experience, the $20 trick works there :wink2:

7. surfside

surfside Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys

I will be staying at Ballys next week, at the tail end of my trip and booked for the South Tower. I got an email today about my trip (from Ballys), saying that I could upgrade to the North tower for $10/night. I was planning to do the 20 buck trick anyways, so will take advantage of this next week..

8. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still do the $20 trick, you will probably be upgraded to a higher room, possibly a suite.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in both the north and south tower in the past year.

Both are very decent, but the north is definitely a bit nicer and I think a bit larger.

10. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really tower related, but I'd hate to create another thread when this is "kinda Ballys tower related"...

How is the signal strength for 3G devices (carrier= Verizon) in the guest rooms? I've read other post/threads how it appears some properties, particularly CET properties with no resort fees, but charge for in room service, guests saying there seems to be a loss of signal.

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Verizon 4g air-card/dongle/modem/whatever-u-call-it and it's worked fine in both Bally's towers. Verizon cell phones work fine there too. I've never used the in-house wifi there.

12. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your 3G turns into 4G in Vegas. Where I live, its 3G, landed in Vegas, powered up the phone and it said 4G. I opened a browser and was blown away by the speed difference. I stayed at Ballys in april and never had a problem. My brother has AT&T and he had problems though. I have Verizon

13. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, my iPhone will remain on 3G, new iPad I'll get to test out the 4G service. Woohoo

14. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had good receptionon my USCC devices also - only one place where I had not too much of a signal but still better than we get in the country at home. I think my Electrify won't do 4G - only 3G - darn.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.