1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's Sterling Buffet, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by gguerra, Aug 10, 2018.

1. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's a look at the offerings. The video mentions it is $99 from 2017. I don't know if I can eat that much but I may just splurge on it next time I'm in town. The lobster and king crab look mighty appetizing. It's a long video but only the first 5 minutes actually show the food on the buffet.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, no, because:

1)I don't drink alcohol (one of the "perks" is unlimited champagne"
    2) Unless I get a later (after 10:30AM seating) the morning is too early to eat AYCE lobster and caviar

I have eaten there for a 7* signature event, so BT, DT (Been there, done that). Unless it was a special occasion (have to be a GF or FGF at the minimum :rolleyes:), I wouldn't even spend comp $$ on it.

Also, based on your statement: "I don't know if I can eat that much . . . ", IMHO, I don't think you should be considering this buffet, unless it's just to cross something off on your "bucket list". It's not the quantity, it's the variety. Lobster, caviar, and more things that are not in many restaurants, let alone buffets.

Below is an excerpt from my TR illustrating some of the food served at the Sterling Brunch

Then, the finale . . . Sterling brunch at Bally's

[​IMG]

Held at the BLT, we were scheduled for 9:30 but went over a little early to see if we could "sneak in". They let us in.

An interesting point of reference is that we stopped at a roulette and asked for direction to the Sterling brunch, and the two dealers looked at us like we were from another planet. The pit boss came over an told us "Oh. It's over at BLT (the steakhouse). I suggested to the dealers that they remember that, because it's one of the things that Bally's is known for.

So, since I don't drink, a lot of the Sterling brunch was wasted on me .. .

What I did do was eat about a dozen oysters, two lobster tails, two servings of caviar, crab legs, prime rib

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the serving stations:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, a final story. We're sitting at the brunch, and the couple to our right were from Philadelphia. The gentleman was a Video Poker player. I asked him "Hit any royals?" He looked at me and in very deadpan voice, said "No, but she hit 3", and pointed at his wife. It turns out that they were both Seven Star members. She hit two of hers on a three hand machine. I congratulated her. And then there was the Asian couple sitting next to them and the guy let me know that Sterling Brunch is now $125. Yikes!! Glad I ate there this weekend. Don't have to go again.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    GGWU promotion (tentative)
    Day trip for Halloween Silver Strikes at QQQQ
  3. PrincessaMyron

PrincessaMyron Low-Roller

We went a few years ago (group of six of us I believe) and we plowed through at least 6-7 bottles of champagne. Our waiter was Duff (who is a Vegas icon in his own right) and he was amazing. Everyone except me eats seafood, so for them, it was well worth it. For me, I enjoyed the ambiance, the company of our friends, the service and the food (which was rather limited if you don’t eat seafood) but once is enough. So, if you drink and like/love seafood, I’d say do it!