1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back when I was in the Navy, we pretty much got in trouble for drinking too much and fighting...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Syringe Monkey, Jan 10, 2019 at 4:52 PM.

1. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a story that was told on my ship about a ship's (not ours) disbursement crew of a Supply Officer, a first class Disbursement Clerk (DK), and a third class Disbursement clerk.

One payday, the Supply Officer and 1st Class DK were missing, as were all the funds to pay the crew (back then they were paid in cash). They grilled the 3rd class DK but eventually decided that the Supply Officer and the 1st class DK took the money and ran.

When the ship went into the yards a couple of years later, when the tanks were cleaned they found two bodies, later determined to be the Supply officer and the 1st class DK. The 3rd class DK had since been discharged and was never found again.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019 at 8:55 PM
    January Silver Striker event at QQQQ 1/25-1/27/2019
    Chinese New Year celebration at Lake Tahoe
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. Mudhen

Mudhen Smart Axe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was always amazed at some of the things guys tried to get away with, when I was in the Navy. Some schemes were pretty elaborate, but some were just insane. We even had a sailor in my squadron get arrested for grave robbing. Seriously. Needless to say, he wasn't in the Navy for very long, after that incident.

4. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I find interesting is the fantasy world that those who never served seem to believe about the military, and the reality that those who did serve see. The military is pretty much a microcosm of society in general. We had our fair share of thieves, junkies and alcoholics. The three navy guys saw an opportunity and took it. Had they been in civilian employment and a similar opportunity presented itself, I doubt the story would end differently. That I can recall, we ran through four mess sergeants who could not resist the black market siren song of the ville. And these aren't young guys. These are guys eyeballin' retirement. All gone. OWSH. Just ask "Fat Leonard". :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Glenn357M

Glenn357M Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 years for 2.7 million.... Doesnt seem like enough time to me as a tax payer

6. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During my Navy days in the mid 60's I remember one of my buddys going the wrong way on 95 ,going under a tractcor trailer and the passenger dying. Drunk probably,but nothing happened. That one thing sounds like a good Netflix movie plot.

• Agree Agree x 1