1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bacchanal Buffet... behind the scenes.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mirageluvr, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing that article. The Bacchanal Buffet has never been appealing to me. I usually only eat one plate of food at a buffet and for that price I would rather have one great meal at a nice restaurant than a few mass-produced dishes piled haphazardly on a plate.

The real takeaway I got from that article was when I looked down at the very bottom right of the page and saw this recipe for the Shepherd's Pie at Nine Fine Irishmen! It looks pretty easy to make, so here is that link for anyone who is interested:

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2019/mar/10/recipe-shepherds-pie-nine-fine-irishmen/?_ga=2.64893356.2016270105.1554465028-118761173.1554465028

VEGAS, BABY!
    VEGAS, BABY!
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always “marvel” at posts like this... what’s the point? Every 6 weeks or so you can count on a “who has the best burger” thread and inevitably someone posts “I don’t like burgers!” or some variation of that... I just don’t get it. To each his or her own I guess.

Having owned and operated a couple of simple pizza parlors early in my career, I amazed and impressed at the effort and coordination it must take to produce a top-quality buffet. Thanks for sharing the article. Buffets are a big part of the Las Vegas experience, even though most lament they’re not $5.99 anymore... the quality has vastly improved and Bacchanal is one of the better ones.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

There is really nothing to "marvel" at. I actually found the article interesting and thanked the OP for sharing it. I added my personal take on the actual buffet referenced in the article (which was completely on topic). THAT is the point

This particular buffet is very expensive and I would not eat enough to get my money's worth - so what exactly is the problem here? My comment is nothing at all like an "I don't like burgers!" comment in a generic "best burger" thread. If you are going to come for me, at least come prepared with a valid argument.

VEGAS, BABY!
    VEGAS, BABY!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm preparing that recipe this weekend.....thanks for pointing it out. My wife, her sister and our daughter just returned last week from a two week vacation in Ireland. My wife's sister is visiting this weekend so I'm gonna cook...hopefully with assistance. :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to take a behind the scenes tour during peak operations. I also would love to give them my opinion of the foods by being allowed to taste the dishes.

I promise not to get in the way....:evillaugh::feedme:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always amazed at the logistics and planning that goes into serving the quantity of food buffets do, at a consistent quality, and being able to time that to meet peak demand hours. And personally taste wise, I would rate some of the food items at the top notch buffets better tasting than some 4-5 star restaurants I've been to on the strip.

• Love Love x 2
  9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

WOW! That's great, Thanks for sharing it! I suppose I love the variety of things I can get at a buffet. I'm honestly not a BIG eater, as I'm no fan of that "stuffed" feeling. I do, however, enjoy identifying several things I really like (not salad) and hitting those things up right when a fresh pan is bought out. Heavy rotation of product is key. Of course, the freshly made products merit my attention as well (love sushi). My all time favorite buffet food though and I fully realize it puts me squarely in the low-rent, red-neck group is that buffet mac & cheese that sits out there on the steam table for some time. In fact, the old Circus Circus buffet used to do it that way... damn... now that's some good eats there @ken2v !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me in that low rent group. I also love the variety, and I also love sushi, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Cheers!

• Love Love x 1
  11. iamsomedude

iamsomedude Low-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the several times I’ve been to the Bacchanal Buffet over the years, the food quality has been...lacking, especially in the carvery section. I wonder if part of the issue is that the crew is stretched thin, because I’ve usually had good experiences with carvery at The Buffet, in the Wynn. I would be really interested to see a personnel to dishes ratio for all the buffets, as well as how much training the cooks get.

12. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The buffet kitchens aren’t large enough for the entire job, so Bacchanal makes use of a large production facility roughly a mile away, in the resort’s Octavius Tower.

Umm, what? How is OT a mile away from Bacchanal? Does the staff wander around the property like I do after a three day binge?

First time in the Wynn!
    Home away from home
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Publius

Publius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found this video a while ago that was interesting

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow thanks for the link and video. I got exhausted watching. I can only imagine how the staff feel. Huge business for sure. I think I want to go there next week lol :)

Thanks again.

Lucky duck. Why are ducks lucky?
    • Like Like x 1