1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

B bonnected Sapphire

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ColoradoJohn, Nov 8, 2019.

1. ColoradoJohn

ColoradoJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is B connected grandfathering in players for 2020 to Sapphire if they earn 750 tier credits this year like they did last year?

John

Oops sorry about misspelling in thread title...

2. Catzilla

Catzilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have already earned 750 tier credits this year you should be sapphire thru December 2020. Go online and look at the picture of your card to see the expiration date. I earned the 750 tier credits earlier in the year and it changed to 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ColoradoJohn

ColoradoJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thx..
    Mine did show that but my wife's card shows Exp 1/31/19 and she has 787 tier credits.

John

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a few thousand tier credits, but my card's online expiration still shows 12/31/19. I spotted someone's card last week with a 2020 date and asked at the Player's Club if I could get a new one for next year. Nope – they said no 2020 cards would be issued until Jan. DUH!

5. Catzilla

Catzilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's weird. I wonder if it takes a certain amount of time after you achieve the required tier points to update. I would call and ask or send an email. They're always been good about answering my questions.

6. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had enough credits for Sapphire after my trip in January!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your wife earned those credits this year she is a Sapphire all of 2020. Be advised although you retain your tier status your credits will reset to 0 in 2020.

But Boyd also has this weird thing called carry-over tier credits. After the points reset to zero they give some carry over points.

Last year after my points reset to zero, about a week later Boyd gave me carry over tier credits of something like 350 credits. Members of this Board were reporting different amounts, depending on what type of player you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dukeofdarby

dukeofdarby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    will be interesting to see how this plays out
    looks like if you actually earned 750 or more points you get the sapphire till 12/31/2020
    if your points include carryover then the cards are expiring 12/31/2019
    why else would some people show expiration dates of 2019 and others 2020?

9. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somebody refresh this topic in January. I’m going the first Friday in January for the NFL wildcard weekend. And will have to ask for a new card. We’ll see then.

NFL Wild Card--
    NY giants vs Cincinnati-- y not?
  10. Nivek82

Nivek82 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm the same way I have way over 750 earned this year but still show 12/19. I asked at the players club at the cal and was told Corp needed to do that. I laughed said ok then was told they would take my number down and correct it. Nope. Still shows the same so I contacted Boyd on FB who told me to go to my local players club. Well that's probably not going to happen but they did provide a number and I just haven't tried to call them yet. When I do I'll come back and post my results.

11. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Boyd's Carry Over credits are "explained" on their website as set forth below in a screen shot. There are two examples of "carry over" calculations at the end.

Based on those Boyd examples, I make my own guestimate. if you had 2,000 tier credits I am guessing your carry over credits are calculated as follows:

2,000 minus 750 = 1,250 and 1,250 > 500 (so max is awarded of 500).

By contrast 1,000 tier credits yields "carry over" as follows:

1,000 minus 750 = 250 and 250 < 500 (so awarded 250).

Math is not my strength so I welcome corrections.

Boyd carry over.PNG

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh, looking at this post made me check my card and I am Sapphire thru 12/20 with 1,320 tier credits including carryover. I give up attempting to understand Boyd anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny how they said corp had to do it but when you laughed they said give us your number and we’ll do it. Sounds like “Corp” was working the menial shift. :eek: (were they wearing glasses :cool: ?)

NFL Wild Card--
    NY giants vs Cincinnati-- y not?
  14. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I give up understanding Boyd also. They also say your Bconnected points earned that you can use for purchases, rooms, and food will expire in 6 months. To my benefit I still have my points even though I haven't returned to Vegas in 9 months.

15. SMG

SMG High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from Vegas on Saturday and I accumulated an additional 2000 tier points when I was staying at the Orleans for 2 nights, so I should remain Sapphire through 2020. My account still has a 2019 expiration date too. In the past, I noticed that the expiration date doesn't always change right away, so we'll see what happens when January comes around.

16. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank for the info Fab. This is interesting. I have about 2900 credits. Since you need 750 to be sapphire it sounds like I will have a carryover of over 2000 credits at the start of 2020 so that should mean that I will remain Sapphire for 2021(?). We shall see.

17. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @makikiboy I hope I am wrong, but I fear you will have the max for that bracket of 500 credits carryover. But oddly there may be a tier carryover as well. When you log on the internet, does your Sapphire card image state valid until 12/31/20 ? Mine does.

FAB

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If like last year, pretty simple. If you are sapphire by end of this year, you remain sapphire for entire next year 2020.
    The max carry over tier credits is 500 so you would have to earn 250 more credits in 2020 to remain sapphire for 2021.

Like in the example above you subtract 750 from the tier credits you have and the remainder is your carryover up to 500 max and whatever that remainder is you have to earn the difference back up to 750 to retain sapphire for following year.

As far as Bconnected points goes, they are supposed to reset to zero after 6 months of no play, but who knows if they are keeping that up to date.

19. jon_vegas

jon_vegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe it's by invitation only.... just kidding just kidding. please don't ban me :D

Anyway, I have exactly 750 and online says Sapphire till 20. It has been a while since I've played on a Boyd property though.

20. lokomo

lokomo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same status and no free nights currently for 2020 even the booking calendar shows always fully booked ???