1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

August roll call

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by Bernie2, Feb 1, 2020.

1. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aug 13-16 to sign up for Westgate Super Contest.
    Year 5 of participating.
    At Bally's subject to change due to no official date announced by Caesars on hotel opening as of 6-20.

2. Courth

Courth Tourist

After canceling May, June and now July trips, we are booked for August. We'll, hopefully, be in town August 12-17. 2 nights at Mandalay Bay (first time staying there), then 3 nights at our home base (Cosmopolitan).

3. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tentative 08/30-09/04. After the ass-kicking I received 06/14-06/18, the August trip will depend on replenishing the old bankroll.

Fun in the desert sun 2020 #2
  4. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 Whale-wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aug. 24-28. Currently booked at Luxor and Harrah's. Leaning more towards Luxor right now, but who knows. Already got Carrot Top tix for the trip, so hopefully shows are back up and running by then!!!!!

Post-CoVid Anniversary Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    April canceled and now August birthday trip is officially canceled :( FU COVID!
    Just no way to get out of country medical insurance that covers COVID now as a Canadian and not particularly happy with how things are looking to take the chance. When the border re-opens the insurance situation may change. As it stands, would have to isolate for 2 weeks when returning, including in my own home from my husband since he wasn’t going to Vegas.
    It will be heartbreaking if our second annual Christmas trip doesn’t happen.

6. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    August 20-23 @ Wynn—I’m going to Vegas monthly while it’s open baby!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Updated my trip to Aug 21-24 at Caesars.

Would anyone be up for a meet up on Aug 21 or 22 (Friday or Saturday)? I get that with distancing this may be more difficult but I'm happy to facilitate if people want to meet for drinks somewhere on the Strip.

Ballys Nov 13 - 16
  8. Bernie2

Bernie2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well plans have changed Aug 5 -15. It's time for someone to call a meet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just made a little adjustment because Wynn wasn’t giving me quite “the right amount of wrong” or enough “plot twists” ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well NJ just added Nevada to the travel quarantine list, so its safe to say there goes my August trip

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2020
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our group is there 23-30....may get a small meet together...

Overdue.....c-19
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Here2Learn

Here2Learn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    8 of us will be there the 22 to 26

• Like Like x 1
  13. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of us are at Flamingo or Caesars....so will probably gather mid strip somewhere....what area will you be in? oh - there are 8 of us also...

Overdue.....c-19
  14. mansam

mansam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked at Wynn 8/25-28 then 1 more night at Bellagio to get my flight lower back to Hilton Head. Keeping an eye on stats for COVD . It’s getting worrisome all over!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully this changes soon...

Annual Golf Trip (Rescheduled)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If that happens in Milwaukee, my August trip is shot.

17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, my August trip is now 50/50 at best. I live in NYC, but frankly I was getting to the point of thinking about delaying my trip even before the NY order was put into effect, one that I understand 100%.

The numbers in AZ and Southern CA, from where Vegas draws a lot of visitors, are disturbing and then Nevada's numbers not surprisingly started to go up.

Quarantining alone is not really an issue for me. I've been doing it for most of the past 4 months and I work 100% from home and will be WFH through the end of the year, if not permanently. But, if I get sick in Nevada that will not be good as I will be away from home and the NY hospital where I plan to go if I get Covid, etc. Secondarily, I'd have to have explain to my employer where I was before getting sick and professionally that won't be a good look in the face of the state's order. My vacation opportunities may be extremely limited for all of 2021 and into 2022, which is another reason why I was looking forward to a long August birthday trip to Vegas.

If things get better in Nevada and it comes off NY's hot spot list before my trip, I'll go. If it doesn't, I probably won't go in August and will push the trip to early October when my brother, SIL and others will be in Vegas and it'll still be pool weather. If Nevada is still on NY's list in October, that of course doesn't bode well for Nevada but will likely be telling about how still active the virus is nationwide.

I'm disappointed but since day one of this pandemic, I have reminded myself of how fortunate I am to even be typing a note like this, including having the luxury, financial security, and health security to be figuring how to adjust a 2-week vacation.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Celebrating Life, Family + Friends in Our Beloved Vegas + the Great SW
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make it happen, @Flowers . I know those JetBlue Mint seats are worth a cross country trip and back even if you don't get off of the plane ;).

Ballys Nov 13 - 16
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So @LB9, you won't believe this. I am headed to PT soon so will do a separate post when I get back but, long and beautiful story short, because of cancellations Jet Blue wanted to make, I wound up two days ago being able to get a return NON STOP flight from Vegas back to JFK on a SUNDAY in a Jet Blue MINT pod at $1200 less than what the ticket would have cost if I had paid for it outright (which I wouldn't have given $1600!!) And then, after that, the JB call center rep said to me, "well, you clearly are very happy with the changes we needed to make." We both LOL and I said, "yes I am!" And then she says, well, even though you are happy with the changes, you are still entitled to a $200 travel credit for the "inconvenience".

So, the net cost of my non stop Jet Blue MINT flight in my own pod on a Sunday at the PERFECT time of day for flying is $213, rather than $1611.

Edited to add: And the NON STOP MINT flight that I got going to Vegas -- at a great fare and in my own pod -- that was scheduled for a horrific 6 am departure was cancelled and changed to a wonderful 10:25 am departure the same day. Same seat. No change in fare.

Flying wise, this is a dream trip and at a crazy cheap price though ultimately "free" as the full cost I'll get back in free play as it was going to be my Seven Stars retreat trip. Okay, I guess I typed up the post after all LOL but I had wanted to do a separate post on this entitled: "THIS IS YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF WHY I LOVE JET BLUE!" lol

Edited further: I was on the phone with the rep for about a half hour. I told her I work for a Fortune 20 company and I can only imagine the financial stress on Jet Blue with blocking out middle seats, including in MINT, through August. I said I believe that it is not only the right thing to do but the smart thing to do in the long run. She then says that though it is not on their website, they are blocking out middle seats on all flights THROUGH SEPTEMBER.

So, as much of a fan as I was before, I'm now just beyond beyond in love with Jet Blue.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, to your point, see what I just wrote about my Jet Blue flight! Incredible, in a glorious way.

• Like Like x 1