1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Attending a wedding during a pandemic

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LB9, Sep 2, 2021.

1. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do and unfortunately, I had three of them in 5 minutes lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope it goes well for you today......whatever "well" entails! We recently did our son's "reception" at a park pavilion.....tables set up in several outdoor spaces and lots of room to move about. Several people were masked, but it all seems well accepted in east central WI. We did a food truck, which went over very well, and eliminated alot of crowding and food handling. I did not hear of any positive cases post party....and I loved seeing relatives for the first time in over a year.
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 3
  3. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LB9, you're there, okay. Do exactly what you are doing - masking/distancing. You mentioned the possibility of getting hassled - so what. Let them. Your safety is utmost important. And when you are driving home, you want to feel comfortable that you didn't walk into a Covid fog from some unmasked reveler. There is life after this shindig.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I am. My wife and I went to another breakfast spot too to just hang out solo for a bit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I recently attended her class reunion, which required a long flight since we have moved across the country. We decided to attend but to take as many precautions as we could. The things we were worried about the most included large gatherings, including at the airports and aboard the planes, and restaurant dining.

We have TSA pre-check, which helped a little because of the short lines. I bought first class tickets to limit our exposure somewhat on the plane and in lines. I also sprung for a limo instead of a shuttle to the airport outbound and to our home after the return flight. I agreed to attend the outdoor picnic, which was not very well attended, but refused to go to the indoor dinner/dance the following night. My wife reluctantly agreed. We saw a very limited number of friends and relatives, all vaccinated, and refused to see one cousin who had been exposed recently, even though she had no Covid symptoms. We dined outdoors when possible, since it was hot in Akron, or got carryout. Our room had a kitchen, so I was able to prepare a few meals and reheat leftovers. The hotel provided breakfast food that could be microwaved in the room.

Back home, we are seeing nobody indoors and severely limiting shopping to essentials. I buy groceries early in the morning. We did need to return my wife's unworn party dress, but that was all we did and the shop requires masks.

It still felt a bit risky, but one must go on living.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, the reception and dance floor turned into a covid never happened situation. I’ve, admittedly, danced in the back a bit and took some photos so, at least ostensibly, I may be screwed notwithstanding trying to distance myself.

I guess we’ll see, maybe much ado about nothing but then again, not sure something I want to do again next week. Regrettably, we have another wedding next week on the Bay. This one will be outside but either way, not ideal lol. Odds aren’t in my favor short of not going, but, when you’re married…

Appreciate the advice and intel for those whom furnished. For the one curmudgeon from this part of the country upset with a granular viewpoint insofar as what’s causing this problem, well, good luck, you’ll need it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope all turns out well for you and the others that attended. I think you did yourself well…attending after committing but not staying long. You met your commitment and stayed safe (mostly).

PHX >> LAS
    Thank You, Wynn
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dancin'... No distancing.... No masking.... hugging.... ugh....

We will try to refrain from sayin'....... toldya so.... :goofy:

But whoever mentioned the "diarrehea" idea earlier....I could see That (excuse) in your future......if you don't wanna go thru this again?:whistle:

We'll never tell....:ssst:

9. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wedding season is lady Superbowl, don't mess with it man. I"m glad you went!

10. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I suppose I should add that we have another one tomorrow, but this time 45 minutes away and it's outside lol.

I'm feeling a bit better about this one, specifically as all of the folks (or most anyway) are from my area and we know they've been safer during the pandemic/all vaccinated (unless they're lying lol).

Staying at another DoubleTree, and yes, I will be pounding a ton of their chocolate chip cookies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1