1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Atomic saloon show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Mider999, Sep 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eh, my mom took me to church every Sunday and still made sex jokes. Both can exist within the same family ;-)

I agree it's annoying to have something reviewed poorly for being as-advertised!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it Monday night, and it is now my favorite of the Spiegel shows. Got tickets on their special promotion for $49 each. We sat in the front row of tables in the back. I do not think I would book the second row of tables, but the first row were great. Just for me, it was way more comfortable having a table to put drinks on, and a railing to put my arm on, than the main floor seats. The seats on the floor are pretty jammed in there. I would not book "pew" style seats in back of the stage, because I felt like you would be looking at the backs of the performers a lot.

It is my favorite now. Before I saw it, Opium was my favorite. I need to go see Absinthe again, as I saw it when it first opened, so have forgotten a lot of it. AS is VERY raunchy, politically incorrect humor. Just plain skip it if you are offended by language, sex, or gay innuendo at all, because all of that comes at you non stop for 90 minutes. The show room is awesome. I am glad we got there early, and then I stayed after everyone left just to wander around looking at it, going up into the balcony, etc. Small details are done very well, right down to the carpet. I think the carpet came out of the old Binions or someplace like that.

The acts themselves are not the greatest, but they are fun. All of the performers are incredibly nice looking. Run, don't walk, to this show if you liked either Absinthe or Opium.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info.
    What do you think about the balcony seats? Or the booths on the side?

4. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The booths on the side would be great as long as you are facing the right direction. If you are facing the wrong direction, your back would be to the stage..... I do not think I would want to sit in the balcony. It might be fine, but some of the seats in the back looked like you would be missing some of the show. The nice thing about the balcony is that it has a full bar all to itself.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may check this show out tonight!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at Palazzo the last few nights of my trip, so might try making it to watch this while I'm there.

Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
  7. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you allowed to walk in with a drink (not purchased at their bar)?

8. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. We had to throw out our small bottles of water.

9. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved the show. I was sitting in the balcony side-stage. Well worth the price of admission.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took your advice and booked these exact seats. We went last night and they were perfect...especially being at the lowest price. There were better than a lot of the more expensive seats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is kind of cool having the saloon type swing doors opening to that little area too, isn't it. Kind of like a private little cubby hole. Did you enjoy the show as much as I did?

12. warmsun

warmsun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope I didn't get "scammed" but I really don't understand the "pricing" for this show. I saw the discounted tickets - but you can't select your seat. I went to axs / ticketmaster and you could select the seats, but they were sky high.

I also went to Speigelworld or whatever and through their site you could select seats and they were slightly less expensive...BUT

They also had "packages" with a couple of restaurants in V/P and the show comes with dinner AND is even less expensive (though still more through the discount site) than the other 2 options (AXS and non package tickets) which doesn't make any sense to me...

Gaaah!

13. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the venue is pretty small so you should be fine I hope.

14. warmsun

warmsun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just want to make sure I get my meal!

15. warmsun

warmsun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I did get to see the show last week. Everything went as well as advertised. Black Tap was fine, standard burger fare, the gimmick being the over-the-top shakes they have. Interesting to look at, but nothing I would have the pressing need to experience again.
    The package comes with a limited menu of food and shakes, which was fine for me. Slight glitch in that they wanted to charge me for initially but actually comes with the meal pkg. Had to make reservations, which turned out well when I was able to walk right past a long line of what I assumed to be walk-ins.

The show, while not as big as Absinthe was I thought great! I was about 4 rows back middle and the only thing is I probably would want to be just 2 rows up next time (tall guy with big head right in front of me!). They defi,italy brought out the pretty boys...Very attractive. Lots of raunchy humor and all in good fun.

I would not have liked to sit on the balcony or in the back though...as I felt I would have missed some of the action. And I definitely agree about the nice details and touches throughout. I did not stay afterwards... I wonder if any of the cast stayed to mingle?

One thing do NOT sit the first row middleif don't want to be part of the show. That isn't for me...

16. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it last week, can't recommend. It wasn't bad in any way, it's just IMO much less well done than Opium. It's similar humor to Opium, I just think the quality and delivery of the material is not as good. I also thought the "circus-y" acts were a lot better with Opium. Not wasted time by any means but wouldn't see it again whereas I would see Opium again in a heartbeat. Venue was cooler and better set up than for Opium though, in the plus column.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.