1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

At the Rio Today

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by azbob, Apr 7, 2021 at 10:02 PM.

1. azbob

azbob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to the Rio today for the first time since reopening. I know it is Wednesday, but the place was so empty that there is no doubt the employees outnumbered the guests.

We were only there because we usually pick up our gifts (for locals) at Caesar's, but they now allow you to also pick up at the Rio. Caesar's is a lot more inconvenient in terms of parking and walking.

Not much was open in terms of restaurants/bars. The two gift days are Monday and Wed so will be back next week, but it is somewhat sad at this point. Also was reminded that the Palms is still a cash flow nightmare with no end in sight.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the Palms currently open?

3. PaiGow

PaiGow Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to say I love to hear this but I do. I'm there next month for two weekday nights and I hope it's a funeral home when I go.

4. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NO, not yet.

5. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks - I will be there in two weeks and was wanting to make a Rio, Palms, Gold Coast run for old times sake

6. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did they have the one at the Rio yesterday? I was there on Monday but they didn’t have the advertised rum. I was told I had to go to Caesars to get it.

7. azbob

azbob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a bad deal on the rum as each of those was a pretty good brand...Bumbu retails for $29. The funny thing on Wed is that they had about six different bottles of wine on the counter to choose from so you just pointed and picked. The two that were in the e-mail retailed for $24-$25 so we each chose those. I never ran into an issue at Caesar's. I priced both the liquor and wine and, minus next Monday, they are all desirable brands/vintages. The Chianti's on the 14th are excellent and the Duckhorn on Apr28 is $32 and an excellent wine. If you add up the whole month for both liquor and wine, the retail price is around $394.

Made that triangle trip many times (Rio-GC-Palms). Now you can substitute Chick-fil-A for the Palms since it is open across the street. I think the Rio will be much busier on the weekend since they will have guests and hopefully a restaurant or two is open.

8. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They did substitute 2 good bottles of wine at the Rio on Monday, so it wasn't all lost. However, since I knew I was getting two other bottles on Wednesday, I was hoping to get the rum and add some variety to my bar!

Do you get the Tuesday offer as well to earn 50 points and get a $25 dining credit? It's not a bad deal at all, but so many restaurants are closed early in the week so the selection is limited! Additionally, the credit automatically gets added to your account once the points are earned and many restaurants don't know to look for it. You have to make it very clear and hope they take that credit instead of dinging your rewards balance.

9. azbob

azbob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I have that $25 dining deal and that's exactly what I was thinking...not sure where/how to use it and high probability they deduct my points. Actually going to stay at the Flamingo next Mon-Tuesday so was going to inquire at the desk. It is also on a gift card deal so I think I have to go to the desk to pick that up.
    Next Monday is two lower end rums so I was going to skip it, but am now wondering if Rio might again line-up several options and let you pick which would make it worth the trip. I don't really want to go to Caesar's as I will have to carry two bottles around with me. Wed my wife will pick me up and we will go to Rio for sure.